National Merit for UMiami?

Hi guys, I’m looking to be pre-health (HS class of 2021). UMiami is known for a great pre-health program and I was looking to apply. However, for all the rest of the FL schools (public) I have a full ride + other perks like Honors College, Priority housing, Free laptop etc. I had heard that Umiami gives something like the Benacquisto, but honestly, unless I get something comparable to a full-ride it’s just not a deal that’s worth it for me.

For reference I have 1560 superscore SAT, 4.0 W: 5.55/6.0; Rank 5/500ish v competitive public hs. I took all honors offered and total of 13 APs w/ 4s or 5s on all. I have very health-centered ECs like CNA and EKG certification and shadowing.

My question is based on past numbers how much merit $$ do you guys think I would get! Also if you have any suggestions on where to apply I’d appreciate it!

You know that you can use the Benacquisto money at UMiami, right? It would not be a full ride. The State of Florida will simply pay the highest COA at any of the publics to UMiami, which I believe is around $23K per year currently.

I have seen NMFs also get additional merit money at UMiami, including up to full tuition through the Singer scholarship. With your strong high school record, you need to make sure you apply early action (by Nov. 1) - consideration for the Singer fellowship requires it - because UMiami will want to attract the most desirable candidates through merit offers. I am sorry but I am not familiar with other merit opportunities there, or how exactly the Benacquisto interacts with Singer funding.

I am sure others on here will have some direct experiences that will help you. Congrats on your record, and if UMiami does not come through, I have heard that UCF has a terrific pre-med program through their honors college. Definitely look into that before just going for UF if your goal is truly to become a doctor.