Chances for merit scholarship at UM

Can anyone comment on the chances of my rising senior DS getting a Singer or other full tuition scholarship with these stats? Combined with the new Benaquisto award for OOS NMF, this can be a full ride to UM.

ACT 35
GPA (UW) 4.0
GPA (W) 4.63
13 APs by end of senior year
Likely NMSF/NMF (Index 4 points above last year cutoff)
Many ECs with some leadership (Co-president of Key club)

Thanks in advance for your input!

In my opinion it is a shot in the dark, the scholarship awards were all over the place for the incoming freshmen class- some students with over 1500 SAT or 35 ACT and great stats received no money while others with 1250 SAT received a lot of money. I wouldn’t count on anything given that the process they use to award merit money seems very hard to figure out.

@rtpstudent , I think you have a pretty good shot, but your kiddo needs to identify and emphasize that passion or interest that will make him stand out. My S18 had about the same stats as yours and was NMF. He was invited to the interview weekend and received the Singer, and later received confirmation that Singer would stack on Benacquisto to provide a true full ride. But his EC that made him stand out was he is a male vocal performance major (classical/opera) and was president and director of a not for profit musical theatre troupe that performed at area retirement communities and hospitals.

Of course, I can’t say for sure, but I definitely think your DS has a strong chance of at least getting Singer. The full-ride is much harder to try to guess at, considering that literally, only a handful of students get it. I got the Singer scholarship and your DS’ stats are just about the same as mine (some a little better). However, it all comes down to ECs and your DS’ performance at scholarship weekend, should they be invited.

How is the Benacquisto short of a full ride?

@oniongrass , the Benacquisto pays the full cost of attendance at the most expensive FL public school, usually about $22,000 a year. Since Miami is more like $65,000 a year, its not a full ride.