Need help with UC app (income)?

My parents do not have a set income. They are undocumented and their pay is not stable, meaning they get work when they can. Would it be fine to estimate our income and input that number? We don’t have any tax papers to pull numbers from. How can we go about filling this field out?

I am also concerned because I don’t think we can afford to pay $70 per application, and the fee waiver is pretty much the reason why I’m hoping I can even apply to these schools. I am sure that we are needy of them, but without reliable information to input for income, I’m not sure what to do.

edit: To put it simply, would it be fine to estimate income? Would there be any consequences to estimating?

Contact UC admissions and ask how to enter your income to qualify for fee waivers. You and your parents are going to have to show some documentation when applying for financial aid so they should be looking for their records to substantiate any income earned.

Telephone
(800) 207-1710 (within the U.S.)
(925) 298-6856 (outside the U.S.)

Hours (PST)
Monday-Friday: 10am - 6pm
Saturday & Sunday: Closed

Seasonal Hours (PST)
November & December:

Nov. 1-22: Monday-Friday 8am-10pm PST
Nov. 23-27: 8am -11 pm PST
Nov. 29-30: 8am - midnight PST

Remember, this is income from the 2018 tax year the need to provide.

Look on your other thread…in the financial aid forum. If your parent income is over a certain amount, it’s possible they should have filed a U.S. tax return in 2018.