Nervous about being admitted -- low-ish GPA thus far

Hello all, I’ve applied to SJC after realizing it’s the perfect school for me… however, my community college GPA hasn’t been the best… high C in bio translates to 2.0 in college-speak, so even with my other As in things like English and psych, I have a 3.2 … my high school GPA was also low-ish… 3.3 as well…

would this be a hindrance? I think my essays really highlight my interests in the program and how much I know about it, and how much the program will help me grow intellectually. I wrote my essay on No Longer Human and what being human has meant to me throughout my youth, comparing and contrasting with the protagonist…

I have a book club and some linguistics research as well as music and avantgarde painting as my ECs…

would I have a good chance of admission? I’m really nervous my GPA will hold me back. i didnt submit any test scores.

HI. I am also applying to St John’s so I’m not an expert, but it seems to me that essay writing skills and passion for te Great Books is way more important than GPA there! Have you set up an interview yet? That will definitely help your chances, I think.