NMF Reminder - Make sure list Alabama as your #1

<p>We are also seeing her scholarship offers under financial aid. When we look at the scholarship tab it is still giving her the option to accept or decline the offer as stated in her scholarship letter which did list her art department scholarship. We did contact the scholarship department to make sure they received her acceptance but we didn’t think we needed to verify what she accepted.</p>

<p>We also emailed and snail mailed her acceptance of the dept. scholarship to the art dept.</p>

<p>Guess we’ll contact them tomorrow</p>

<p>Sent from my DROIDX using CC App</p>

<p>Weird…</p>

<p>Just checked my kids’ mybama and no merit awards show on myBama---->Student Tab----->Financial Aid Awards </p>

<p>I’ve even checked the past years…no merit awards shown for that link. So, I don’t know what to think. Obviously my kids have gotten those awards. Maybe you have to apply for FAFSA to have all these things listed on that link. We’ve never submitted a FAFSA, so maybe no need to list these things there.</p>

<p>However, their awards definitely show in the Pay your student bill link…LOL</p>

<p>We never submitted a FASFA for UA so that can’t be the reason, but I agree it is weird. I never looked under financial aid until this weekend because of this thread! Lol!</p>

<p>Sent from my DROIDX using CC App</p>

<p>I think if anyone has any questions about their merit scholarships to email <a href=“mailto:scholarships@ua.edu”>scholarships@ua.edu</a> include CWID and ask for some kind of letter or something that formally lists them.</p>

<p>Lindsay Hutcherson is the Asst Director of Scholarships. Her email is:</p>

<p><a href=“mailto:lindsay.hutcherson@ua.edu”>lindsay.hutcherson@ua.edu</a></p>

<p>or Betsy Escher</p>

<p><a href=“mailto:betsy.escher@ua.edu”>betsy.escher@ua.edu</a></p>

<p>My merit awards are showing up, but I never received an official scholarship letter from the university. Is everything online now? Also, due to the storms, the deadline to accept scholarship offers has been moved to the 9th of May.</p>

<p>glad to hear about the extension. Those who aren’t sure what scholarships have been awarded to them need to email the above ladies and ask for verification. </p>

<p>Be sure to include full name, address, and CWID. Also include GPA and test scores and major.</p>

<p>Thanks for the advice. Now where did I put my CWID?</p>

<p>Awhile back I did just as M2K suggested. I emailed the scholarship office and explained that I wasn’t sure they were getting the acceptance of my son scholarships (presidential and engineering) because the screen never looked any different after they were accepted. Also, we never received any confirmation via email. I received a nice email back from Erin Hughes saying that as soon as we pressed the accept button it automatically feeds into their system. We would not be getting a reply back after we accepted or declined the awards. </p>

<p>I hope this helps for those of you in this situation. Just email or call the school. They were very prompt. Looking forward to coming in May for Bama Bound.</p>

<p>Roll Tide!</p>

<p>You can find your CWID on mybama…</p>

<p>click on “look up classes”</p>

<p>Your CWID will be on the right side…in front of your name…</p>

<p>example</p>

<p>12345678 John Doe
May 03, 2011 07:11 am</p>

<p>I have accepted my merit scholarships, but those scholarships are also showing up under the FAFSA section. I DO NOT want to accept the FAFSA (it’s a loan that I do not need), but if I reject the offer from FAFSA, am I also declining the merit scholarships that show up on that screen (even though I’ve already accepted them under the academics tab)?</p>

<p>Also, I received a letter from NMSC about a $1000 scholarship each year. If I accept this scholarship, am I jeapardizing the rest of the scholarships I’ve received from UA? (Presidential, engineering, etc)</p>

<p>Lou,</p>

<p>When you look at “Scholarship Offers” listed under the “Academics” tab on myBama that is what you will see. It does NOT obligate you to take the loan.</p>

<p>Instead of clicking ‘Accept’ there, you should click on the “Student” tab, then click on the “Financial Aid Awards” link just below Degree Works in the middle of the page. Select the 2011-2012 academic year and hit “Submit”. You will then see all the scholarships with drop down boxes beside them to be able to accept or decline them. Let me know if that doesn’t work.</p>