NMF Scholarships: An Updated Compilation

<p>New Mexico State now offers full tuition, room and board plus a stipend to NMF and NMSF…</p>

<p><a href=“NMSU Reinstates National Merit, Hispanic Scholars Programs | KRWG Public Media”>http://krwg.org/post/nmsu-reinstates-national-merit-hispanic-scholars-programs&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;

<p>Denison has discontinued their full tuition Paschal-Carter scholarship for NMFs. Someone noticed that the scholarship had disappeared from website and I e-mailed Denison inquiring. I received e-mail confirmation from a school official that they have discontinued it. </p>

<p>I didn’t see the University of Vermont on the list:
For OOS–
Green Mountain Scholarship
Green Mountain Scholarships are awarded to out-of-state residents who have exemplary academic records and who meet at least one of the following criteria:
Have advanced to “finalist” status within the National Merit Corporation’s annual National Merit Scholarship competition. To be eligible for the Green Mountain Scholarship, finalists for the National Merit Scholarship must declare UVM as their college of choice. For information on how to declare or change a college of choice, please view the FAQs on the National Merit Corporation’s website.
Have advanced to “semi-finalist” status within the National Merit Corporation’s annual National Achievement Scholarship competition. To ensure awarding of the Green Mountain Scholarship, semi-finalists for the National Achievement Scholarship should indicate this recognition on UVM’s application for admission, and provide UVM with documentation of “semi-finalist” status.
Have been selected as a National Hispanic Scholar through College Board’s National Hispanic Recognition Program. UVM receives a list of National Hispanic Scholars from College Board. National Hispanic Scholars should also indicate this recognition on UVM’s application for admission to ensure awarding of the Green Mountain Scholarship.
Recipients are awarded up to $10,000 annually for a maximum of four years (eight semesters). The full $10,000 will be awarded as the Green Mountain Scholarship, or will be awarded as a combination (totaling $10,000) of a Green Mountain Scholarship and a National Merit Scholarship.
If a recipient of the Green Mountain Scholarship is also eligible for the Presidential or Trustees Scholarship, the Presidential or Trustees scholarship amount will be awarded in addition to the $10,000 scholarship.
A cumulative 3.0 grade point average and enrollment in 12 or more credits per semester is required for renewal.
U.S. citizenship or permanent residency required.
Green Mountain Scholarship recipients who are eligible based on National Achievement semi-finalist status or National Hispanic Recognition are notified beginning in late January. Recipients who are eligible based on finalist status in the National Merit Scholarship Competition are notified starting in March.</p>

<p>Vermont is not listed because it does not meet the criteria listed in the thread. OOS tuition to Vermont is $37K, and $10K does not meet the 1/2 tuition threshold specified.</p>

<p>Sorry BobWallace-- I should have read the directions more carefully :)</p>

<p>Thanks for all of the helpful info, Bob Wallace. Would it be possible to put a date on the list on yolasite so that we know whether the version we pulled down is the most current? Thanks again!!</p>

<p>@saismom‌ </p>

<p>Has florida clarified whether that award is ONLY for those who get the Scholar designation? </p>

<p>i dont know if its been mentioned, but Wichita State University gives full rides to finalists as well</p>

<p>@bobwallace the links for the OU awards are broken, here are the correct ones:</p>

<p>non resident: <a href=“https://www.ou.edu/content/dam/recruitment/NMpackage_2014_NR.pdf”>https://www.ou.edu/content/dam/recruitment/NMpackage_2014_NR.pdf&lt;/a&gt;
resident: <a href=“https://www.ou.edu/content/dam/recruitment/NMpackage_2014_Res.pdf”>https://www.ou.edu/content/dam/recruitment/NMpackage_2014_Res.pdf&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;

<p>Thanks so much for maintaining this list!</p>

<p>@mom2collegekids‌ I am waiting on a response from UF. Their website clearly states NMS only but I have received conflicting information on this from a parent whose NMF kid was supposedly offered it last year, and from another FL University’s scholarship department who confirmed that UF does offer Fl Incentive to NMF. </p>

<p>Just confirmed that a friend’s daughter who started at UF in the fall and was not named a scholar did receive the scholarship.</p>

<p>The NMSC is suing the state of Florida ( long story) and the state of Florida has changed the language in the law.</p>

<p><a href=“Home - Florida Student Scholarship & Grant Programs”>Home - Florida Student Scholarship & Grant Programs;

<p>I have heard Wichita State University offers NMF full ride scholarships? anybody know how good that school is? I am looking at engineering there.</p>

<p>@saismom That is wonderful news for many Florida semifinalists! Thanks for the update. I was unable to find any news about the suit. Do you have any links?</p>

<p>@saismom this makes me soo happy!!!</p>

<p>@saismom I hope this isn’t indelicate, but did your friend happen to indicate how much was given?</p>

<p>Sorry they did not say other than UF is Paying for everything. ( she actually meant the state of Florida but I did not correct her)</p>

<p>Thank you! Appreciate it!</p>

<p>Anyone has a list for California schools? I only know about USC.</p>