Northeastern Early Decision and Early Action for Fall 2022 Admission

Thank you for clarification. As a parent - its a very confusing times with colledge admissions to a selective schools. D22 has a strong stats for NEU , however it not clear , on a base of what they admit people. One can be deffered or rejected for a yield protection, even with an exellent resume . I wish schools were more transparent with their choices… because its a big and dark mistery out there !)))

Every school is looking for students they feel are a best fit for their programming, so it will always be somewhat of a mystery. They definitely alsomoook to protect their yield and accept students they think are genuinely interested and not just using them as backup plan. They likely also have to balance out their admits to particular majors, etc. at northeastern, you don’t apply to a major, but they still need to balance out how many kids are likely to be within a college etc.

1 Like

Did any EA applicants get an email this morning from Northeastern titled “Thank You for Your Application to Northeastern”?

2 Likes

Yes, my son did.

Yes

What does the email say?

Nothing new - just a reminder of EA decision date.

“Early Action decisions will be released electronically no later than February 1. You will be notified through email when your decision is available.”

Ok, thanks @lostmom3. Was curious, 'coz my daughter didn’t mention anything (but then - she’s not always on top of her emails :grinning: )

@CavsFan2003 - Yes, we received it as well. When I saw the subject line in the inbox, I though this is it!..showtime! (sigh).

Yes, “we” did.

1 Like

Email from NEU that came today.

That email was evil! I really thought it was a decision! LOL

1 Like

Thanks @spc

1 Like

When do EA admissions decisions typically release? I’m sure someone out there knows historically when they will most likely come out.

1 Like

Last three years:
2021: Jan 27
2020: Jan 22
2019: Jan 23

My prediction for this year is Jan 26

7 Likes

Thank you!

1 Like

Looks to be 4th Wednesday. Same week for Georgia Tech and UT-Austin.

2 Likes

Same week as the University of Cincinnati (Monday) and the University of Maryland (that Friday, most likely)!

I requested for a change from ea to ed 2. Has your application been changed by the admissions office?

Hi, Northeastern website states that “All early action applicants should receive an admissions decision by FEB 1” , no Jan 15. Is this an inside info?