Northeastern Early Decision and Early Action for Fall 2022 Admission

got into CS and Sustainability and the honors program! 1530 sat and 4.0 UW gpa, but obvi stats aren’t the only thing that matters. nice merit too, extremely grateful :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Are merit awards offered regardless of financial aid info? My D was accepted into the N.U. In program and apparently you can’t use merit on that program. Does this mean she isn’t being offered any merit aid?

NU.in: Information and FAQ - Colleges and Universities A-Z / Northeastern University - College Confidential Forums

Deferred
California
4.3 weighted
10 aps and honors
1 dual enrollment at community college
Lots of leadership and ECs
Started a tutoring business
polysci and philosophy major

1 Like

Lots of deferrals. What % of deferrals were ultimately accepted in the RD round last year?

1 Like

If your FAFSA and CSS were in on time, you should of received any merit and FA today on a separate tab in her portal. NU grants seems to be allowed for use now in NUIN but not any federal aid bc NUIN student are not matriculated until Spring semester. Doublecheck with FA either way to be sure they are not needing any additional docs from you.

What does it suggest if it says “prepare to…?” My daughter isn’t home and I’m not going to click and open but I’m dying to know!!! She won’t be home for two more hours!!! :weary:

ACCEPTED (NUin & Dean’s Scholarship)!
3.9 UW/ 4.6 W
35 GPA (submitted)
9 AP/IB (4’s and 5’s)
Art, strong essays
NHS, NAHS, founded clubs
2 internships

7 Likes

Just funny since dad works there not just legacy. And it started off as first choice but with Covid restrictions and craziness in Boston, it slipped.

Deferred in WI
3.95 unweighted/35 ACT
Lots of APs and Honors but not a ton of clubs/leadership roles

1 Like

Florida
DS
Deferred
Business
4.54/4.0 GPA
ACT 35
15 AP
Plays/coaches/refs sport. Volunteer with disabled athletes in his sport. Student teacher AP Gov.

2 Likes

My D22 got into NUin test optional from AZ! 3.96UW and 4.11 weighted, lots of ECs and leadership, good essay, demonstrated interest. She got in for Environmental Studies and International Affairs

3 Likes

shut up this is not a dating app

What craziness in Boston?

Three years ago, my daughter was accepted with 27K Honors scholarship. After she became a NM finalist, it got bumped to 32K. I believe it was the max scholarship back then. She is attending and loving it.
I was watching every year and it looks like they are reducing the max scholarship a little bit every year. Her brother applied this year with even better stats and got accepted with 24k scholarship. Hopefully, it will get bumped up when he becomes NM finalist, though I’m not expecting it to go as high as hers.
Congrats to all accepted and good luck to deferred!

5 Likes

Is there a place for those who were deferred to message about LOCI’s?

S22 deferred from California
3.8 unweighted / 4.3 weighted
SAT 1550 (submitted)
APs 9, including 6 senior year, all 4s and 5s
Light on ECs
Program: B of Fine Arts
Toured/Emailed/Attended online sessions

1 Like

Decisions are out for California

Deferred in NY
Unweighted 98 (graded on 100 scale)
1550 SAT (790M/760V)
No class ranking
7 APs, multiple honors level classes. Can’t take APs until 11th grade. AP Scholar With Honor. Pretty much highest rigor available except no AP English this year.
NMSF
Visited last spring
Engineering
Good leadership and ECs, but not world changing!

Disappointed, but hopeful for RD. Was hoping for merit money. Hope it’s not off the table now.
Also, will we know by 3/31 as that is the deadline to designate Northeastern as your chosen school for National Merit money?

Has acceptances at Purdue and Case Western, but loves Boston.

2 Likes

Deferred for Philosophy, Politics, and Economics
From California
3.89 UW/4.5 W
32 ACT
4 Dual Enrollment, 14 AP/IB
Strong essays and ECs (2 internships + leadership roles) that correlated to my major

Congrats to everyone who got in!

1 Like