Northeastern Early Decision and Early Action for Fall 2022 Admission

7am on a school day? And not even from an official NEU website? Doesn’t sound legit.

1 Like

Do not register!

Agreed, very odd time to have a Zoom meeting for HS students, I imagine many if not all are either on their way to school or already started their day.

Where did you see that invite? If it was on reddit it is likely unofficial.

Someone above claimed to have received an email and posted a link.

There are a lot of phishing scams out there and they keep getting more creative.

Beware of registering (i.e. providing valuable personal information) via any links not sent directly by the college (from their official .edu email) to you personally.

I am not suggesting that whoever posted this link is phishing themselves but they too could have been fooled and posted the link in good faith to help others.

2 Likes

I agree that the link looks very sketchy and knowing Northeastern, I can’t imagine they would put anything out there that is not branded. I just think this is not their MO.

I saw it on this thread on CC, and on reddit.

Really??? I called yesterday and they said that your merit award will be reviewed and raised accordingly. Do you remember exactly how they worded it for you?

I called A/O Yesterday, she said will review and replace. I asked will raised more $? she say case by case, she said the range is $5000-25,000 (not add on). My case we have 26,000 Deans awards. she said she will give my number to FO to review and call me back. FO called me back said it will replace but no raised. I hope she is wrong.

1 Like

Wow, if the max is only 25k, then I might not even bother using my national merit designation on Northeastern…

it seems not True in last year, people reported 30,000 replace to 35,000, or add $5,000 on top current offer in NU FB.
No one know what will be this year.

Thanks for the info. I’m in a huge pickle right now trying to decide if I should use my NMS on Northeastern, w/ no guarantee of a big enough scholarship to attend, or use it on a full-ride school that I do not like as much as NU.

Same. Need more $ to go.
Here is NU website

Northeastern National Scholarships

Students admitted to Northeastern and are recognized as National Merit Finalists* or National Recognition Program Scholars** will receive a competitive merit-based award and may also be eligible for financial aid.

Northeastern National Scholarships replace any Honors, Dean’s, Connections, Sophomore Achievement, or International Scholars awards and may result in a change to a previously awarded Northeastern University Grant funds.

Please note that awarded Northeastern National Merit Scholarships are inclusive of any stipend offered by the National Merit Scholarship Corporation. Additionally, eligible students who receive the full-tuition benefit of the Faculty/Staff Tuition Waiver are not eligible for an additional scholarship or grant funds from the university, including Northeastern National Scholarships. Students who receive a part-time benefit of the Faculty/Staff Tuition Waiver may receive university funds for up to the total cost of tuition, including the Tuition Waiver.

what offer do you have now?

Nothing… I was deferred. I have a 36/4.6W w/various leadership etc, so was a bit surprised, esp with the national merit combo. Must not have shown enough demonstrated interest… This is why it’s even harder for me now.

oh. Good luck and hope you will in RD.
you still have time to pick school until 3/31.

Some in the west will still be sleeping! :joy:

Those attending, would you mind giving us a report? Thanks!

Wait! You don’t believe this is legitimate, right?
A reputable school like NEU would not thoughtlessly schedule a zoom call early morning on a school day.

And someone up tread said they called NEU to ask and they didn’t know anything about this so-called webinar.

I attended this webinar, and it turned out to be real. Though, it does seem to be targeted towards international students.

Here’s some of what was discussed:
-35,000/50,000 kids in EA were deferred
-They are aiming to enroll 5,000 kids for fall 2022, including NUin and NUBound. Half have already been accepted through ED1 and ED2.
-During the early rounds, 3,000 students were admitted for Boston campus and “a few thousand more students” were admitted for NUin or NU Bound programs.
-There is no advantage for deferred students compared to regular decision applicants.

8 Likes