Northwestern Class of 2027 Official Thread

did you ever hear back?

Yes! They said their team is busy processing requests and we should hear in the next couple of weeks

3 Likes

Are NU interview informative or evaluative? We havenā€™t heard anyone in our area who have received interviews this year.

I had my interview first week of Jan and it was the complete opposite. Turns out my interviewer majored in the major Iā€™m interested in, so the interview took a very academic nature. I talked very minimally about myself and my passions, and rather answered their questions on the state of affairs in our country, socioeconomic issues and other honestly difficult questions about niche areas pertaining to my major.

It says on the website you will be contacted for an interview. Do you think requesting it increases your chances of getting one?

Requesting (for Northwestern)almost certainly increases chances of getting an interview. They sent out the email about requesting an interview Jan 4th: those who responded are the ones they start with and they cannot even do all of those applicants, based on the wording of that email. With limited alumni it would not make sense to offer lots to those who did not reply to the interview-request email. Do they offer some without a request? No idea.

They did not send an email to me, probably because thereā€™s no one in my country that graduated from NU though. But I did send an email now, so maybe there is still a chanceā€¦

International interviewing may work completely differently.

1 Like

Interviews are coordinated by each regional alumni group and the interviews were supposed to be done by this past weekend. Dependent on the availability of.interviewers and timeline, all requests may or may not be met. Donā€™t worry if you donā€™t get one.

My Dd filled the form out for interview when she received it but we donā€™t have many interviewers in our area I think- she received an email recently (she did not email NU) that they ran short of interviewers in our area so itā€™s really based on availability. My friend is a NU interviewer and she doesnā€™t think the interviews have any impact.

1 Like

We also received an email stating that they have reached capacity and interview could not be arranged. It also states that not having an interview will not be a disadvantage in the admissions.

1 Like

Are they done with interviews? I requested one when they sent out the email but I never heard anything back. I did not receive the email saying they reached capacity.

It prob depends on the area you are from whether they reached capacity or not.

Yes, I thought of that but other people from my high school received the email about reaching capacity but I did not. It was probably an oversight but I was hoping maybe I still had a chance of receiving an interview.

It took a long time over a month for the email so you will probably get it eventually.

I know an interviewer and per their alumni group, last weekend was the last possible time to interview/submit. If the student does not receive an interview, do not read into it. It is all based on availability of interviewers and the application (w/o interview) will provide enough insight on the student. The interview is just another information point at the end of day.

Recv. an email from NW that because of unavailability of alumni (ā€œwe have reached capacity for interviews in your areaā€), they are unable to offer interview in New Jersey!

I just got the email to apply for the Integrated Science Pathway last night?
What exactly is the ISP program, i am bit confused even after I looked up stuff about it

I guess it means moderate ot positive things b/c other people I have talked to from my area have not gotten it. Only people admitted from a few years back said that they got it?? Weirdā€¦

I donā€™t know if thatā€™s the case. My Dd received that email when it first came out and she doesnā€™t even have all the reqs that the program requests for applying to it.

2 Likes

Same, Iā€™m a social sciences major and was also sent the email for some reason.

1 Like