Northwestern Class of 2027 Official Thread

We got this too.

1 Like

Does everyone receive a hand written note from the NU tour guide?

1 Like

Ours didnā€™t. We toured over the summer. Large group though, and multiple tour guides that day who each took 20+ students/families, so I doubt the guide even knew everyoneā€™s name.

Ours didnā€™t either.

1 Like

Around December right before I was applying for RD, I got a handwritten letter from Northwesternā€™s student ambassadors program (not my tour guide) encouraging me to apply.

Itā€™s such a nice touch and made the program feel welcoming.

2 Likes

My withdraw application button disappeared. Anyone else?

1 Like

I see the following message on the right column of the page.

If you no longer wish to continue your application to Northwestern, you can submit the Withdraw Request Form

Yeah, thatā€™s what mine says right now too. Weird because when I checked earlier, I couldnā€™t see it (I took a SS).

2 Likes

Maybe they are making some changes to the portal.

Looks like it. I feel like itā€™s too early to be uploading decisions though.

So I just now received the email saying interviews are at capacity and that I will not receive one. Strange because everyone else I know in my same school/area received this email a month ago. Also, my email said I could share additional information if I wanted to. Is that what the capacity email said that went out last month? My friend deleted hers but didnā€™t remember it saying that. Iā€™m wondering if I should share any additional information or not.

2/6 email:
Thank you for expressing interest in interviewing with a member of the Northwestern alumni base. Unfortunately, we have reached capacity for interviews in your area. Please know that not having an interview will, in no way, disadvantage you in the admission process. We will also note in your file that you requested an interview and we were unable to accommodate you. If you intended to use the interview to convey part of your story to the committee, please feel free to email additional context to ug-admission@northwestern.edu and ask that it be included in your file.

1 Like

Thank you. Mine said the same thing. Lol, obviously then they donā€™t really want everyone to share additional info. My friend said she didnā€™t think hers said that part so then I started feeling pressure to come up with something to share. Iā€™m definitely at the point of overthinking EVERYTHING right now.

Did anybody elseā€™s connect and app instructions button disappear? I still have my withdraw button on the right side but the rest is gone.

2 Likes

i still have all three

1 Like

nope

I have all three. Do we know if it is indicative of anything?

I would guess not! Usually, decisions arenā€™t loaded in until closer to the release date. But Iā€™m not sure.

Does anyone else have Northwestern in their IDOC under Institutions Requesting Documents? I didnā€™t think much of it but someone on reddit didnā€™t, so Iā€™m curious.

3 Likes