Northwestern Regular Decision Fall 2022 Admissions

D22 is rejected
SAT 1550; GPA 3.9 uw
Lots of APs and ECs; high rigor
No interview

Thought that she had a great essay but apparently not so :slight_smile:

Congratulations to all the admitted students!

1 Like

What was her acceptance? Congrats. Can you share stats.

1 Like

Yes, mine was WL too and had the 51,000+ figure.

D22 accepted.
UW GPA 3.96
SAT 1530

2 Likes

My daughter was accepted. BME, the Robert R. McCormick School of Engineering and Applied Science. ACT 35, GPA 4.0 uw. Such great news for us after Northeastern U rejection…My baby is finally happy. Congratulations to all the admitted students! For WL and R - you definitely will find the right place. Be strong and don’t give up!

8 Likes

@Dallasbound – she was accepted to Rice yesterday, and she’s thrilled. Waitlisted at WashU and Northwestern. Waiting on Emory and Brown.

4.0 UW, 36 ACT
7 APs plus multivariable calc
Decent ECs, heavy on chorus and theater, nothing crazy
Strong research in AP Capstone in the field she wants to study

8 Likes

Ah, that is what I get for assuming. OP didn’t specify what kind of letter they received. Sorry about that!

Waitlisted
No changes to portal. Withdraw button always present.

Rejected (applied to Weinberg)

3.9 UW, 1580 SAT, 36 ACT
11 APs (all 5s), plus multivariable calc, linear algebra, data structures
Solid ECs + awards
I thought my essays were good but

oh well! Congrats to everyone admitted and good luck to all with any future decisions!! we got this :raised_hands:

3 Likes

Congrats …. It is honestly hard to believe that an applicant could be accepted at an elite institution like Northwestern and rejected at Northeastern. This has been a crazy admissions season.

9 Likes

Accepted into Medill for Journalism!
4.0 UW/ 4.5 W
31 ACT
Took high rigor classes all four years
No interview
Really enjoyed my essay

Was super shocked at this one, but super excited💜

5 Likes

Accepted at Weinberg
International
IB 45/45
SAT 1550 - single sitting
National athlete in non NCAA sport
Leadership positions in service organizations
Accepted - UCLA, UCB, Georgia Tech
WL - Michigan
Rejected- Stanford (REA)

4 Likes

Accepted!!! Have no idea what was on the portal because we thought it was such a long shot!

Applied for Theatre w/ interest in Math and Music
3.98/4.85, 1560, NMF, national speaking awards, state orch, regional science, theatre, composing and music performance awards. (sent update 3/1 w/ NMF, theatre and perf awards) Poms Capt, club pres, decent service, various honor societies, professional theatre experience. From competitive STEM magnet (currently taking Complex Analysis). Sent update 3/23 w/ notice of national theatre award finalist. Have no idea if this had any impact as it was literally 2 days ago.

So relieved. Only in at safeties – UMD (Music BM) & Muhlenberg (Music and Theatre BA) previously. Lots of scholarships at safeties – full tuition at UMD and academic, theatre and music scholarships at Muhlenberg. Rejected HYPS SCEA and Oxbridge (reviewed and revised app/essay after that). Rejected U Mich Acting (revised monologue after that). Rejected Wheaton IL music after being a finalist for their top scholarship? Rejected Williams.

Waiting on Middlebury, Wesleyan, Vassar, Brown, Dartmouth, Princeton

But, 3 good choice just adds so much validation to her hard hard work. Huzzah!

12 Likes

Did you submit your test score? Any other hooks?

Accepted Communications+McCormick dual degree and the paragraph disappeared for me

• 3.87-3.88 UW (my school doesn’t calculate UW) / 4.15 W
  • 730/800 SAT 35 ACT superscore (submitted both)
  • APs 555555554
  • Multivariable calculus, linear algebra
  • School located internationally but I’m a US citizen so I’m domestic
  • Extremely high level of participation in public forum and british parliamentary debate + part time debate coach + debate judge + additional info box was 500 words of debate supplemental activities
  • President of school’s science club (oversees science-based activities)
  • Pioneer Academics materials science

Also accepted UCSD, UCI, Purdue, UVA, UW Honors
Waitlisted from UMich, UCLA, UCB EECS, and UIUC CS
Rejected from Amherst and JHU

3 Likes

It’s a waitlist weekend for us.
Kiddo - waitlisted CMU, Rice, and Northwestern.

Does anyone know if they give aid estimates for waitlist? At Case Western they still send out Aid/Merit packages even for waitlist so the kids can make an educated decision regarding if they truly want to still be on the list.

There are no aid estimates that they provided.

DD was accepted! School of Communications. No test scores submitted.

4 Likes

Case doesn’t do it for a few weeks yet, but was happy to hear they do that. Helps students truly make a decision regarding waitlist (and keeps it open for others if it makes it a no go).

1 Like