Notify A&M that I dropped a class 2nd semester?

<p>Do I even have to? Or will they just see it on my final transcript? If I do have to do it, how should I go about it? I was an academic admit (1400 SAT and top 25%).</p>

<p>I dropped AP Chemistry on Feb 24th. I didn't need this class at all to graduate. In fact, the only reason I took it was to make freshman chem at a&m a little easier. We had basically learned everything, and had started preparing for the AP test, senioritis kicked in, and i figured i would drop it. My schedule went from 6 AP classes this semester to 5 APs. Now it's just AP biology, AP statistics, AP calculus ab, AP government, and AP english literature. Also, I did technically get credit for the first semester of AP chem, but I don't even care about it. Like I said, I only took the class to learn. I already have my 4 sciences with AP biology.</p>

<p>Anyway, I've already committed to A&M, paid my housing/dining fees and taken the math assessment and everything. Should I just find the generic admissions e-mail on their website and say something along the lines of - "As of Feb. 24th, 2012, I am no long enrolled in AP Chemistry." and then include all of my AIS info and such? or should I elaborate?</p>

<p>I'm sure there's no chance I could get rescinded because of this, but I would appreciate any help/advice with this.</p>

<p>Put it this way. When I attended a high school information session with my son a couple years ago, one of the students asked, “If I drop out of the Top 10% between my automatic acceptance to A&M and graduating high school, should we let admissions know?” The staff representative said, “No!”.</p>

<p>If that’s the case with someone’s whole class ranking, I think you have nothing to worry about with one class. As long as you have completed your minimum requirements with passing grades and haven’t flunked out your senior year, I don’t think A&M would rescind an offer.</p>

<p>By the way, 5 AP CLASSES?! School is so much harder for this generation.</p>

<p>^Thanks for the input.</p>

<p>I am starting to think that since I was an academic admit, they may have not even read my application or looked at my senior schedule. Maybe if they know you’re in the top quarter and have the SAT scores, the computer just sorts you into an auto-accept pile.</p>

<p>I wouldn’t be so sure… </p>

<p>I’m also attending A&M next year. I know my high school requires you to notify the college when you drop a class. I know a few kids who did end up dropping classes and the colleges they were attending required them to write essays explaining why they dropped those classes. I would double check this for sure.</p>

<p>Seeing your courseload, I’m sure they won’t care that you drop a class, but they probably WILL care if you drop a class and don’t tell them.</p>

<p>I would advise that you find out.</p>

<p>bump 10char</p>

<p>bump10char</p>

<p>i’ll bump one more time, i’d appreciate any info. but if no one knows, i guess i’ll call the a&m admissions office tomorrow morning.</p>

<p>Joe Fing Donally. Where have you been for the past week in math class?</p>

<p>Let’s just put it this way. I’ve got more important things to do than learn math from someone who’s undergone more plastic surgery than I can even contemplate.</p>

<p>JD I think it’s time you came to terms with the obvious fact that they’re REAL.</p>

<p>I emailed <a href=“mailto:admissions@tamu.edu”>admissions@tamu.edu</a> and they told me you dont need to notify them. They’ll get it all sorted out when you send your final transcript.</p>