Now what...?

<p>Hello! I’ve have

1. Applied to UA
  2. been accepted into UA
  3. received my letter telling me that I am eligible for the Presidential Scholarship
    4.completed the scholarship application
    5.applied and been accepted into the honors college
  4. Paid freshman enrollment fee
  5. Paid housing fee and completed profile
  6. & I am currently considering/working on the Blount application</p>

<p>Is there anything else that I need to do? Something I skipped? It seems that there are so many things to pay for, register for, or fill out before next year that I may be forgetting something. And is anyone or their child involved in Blount? Anyone want to tell about their experience? Any advice for a soon to be UA student? Thanks!</p>

<p>Relax and enjoy your senior year of high school! Congrats on your achievement to earn this scholarship. You may want to consider applying for University Fellows and/or Computer Based Honors. Check the deadlines, but usually Dec 1 I think. Roommates, looking at different dorms and investigating majors/minors are other things you could look into.</p>

<p>Hopefully others more familiar with Blount will comment.</p>

<p>Look around to see if there are some other outside scholarships you can apply for…and enjoy the fact that your college search is done…</p>

<p>Make hotel reservations…parent’s weekend, move-in.</p>

<p>Join the FB group for your class. Find potential roommates. </p>

<p>Get used to saying and hearing, Roll Tide</p>

<p>Roll Tide</p>

<p>When IS Parent Weekend? Move in?</p>

<p>My guess are:
Move in: Aug/15/2014 - Aug/17/2014
Parents Weekend: Sep/26/2014 - Sep/28/2014</p>

<p>I’m guessing the same ^</p>

<p>Would move in be sooner for Jonors Orientation?</p>

<p>Oops! " Honors" orientation :)</p>

<p>Move in is the same weekend for everyone, unless you are doing one of the early programs like a MDB (million Dollar Band), Alabama Action, Camp 1831, sorority rush, etc.</p>

<p>The orientations (called Bama Bound) start on the memorial day week and go throughout the summer. The first few are reserved for honors only. Bama Bound is a 2-day orientation. Students stay in a dorm room and the parents & siblings will have th e option to stay in the dorm or get a hotel. Search for Bama Bound threads, there were a few and they had a LOT of great information.</p>