Nursing Class of 2026 (Direct Admit BSN)

So Carroll U (Wisconsin) came in. (not to be confused with Carroll College in Montana who also has a direct admit BSN program)- We did not apply to Carroll College as it appears that they “tolerate” LGBTQ but not really “support” it. So for those who are good with that, Carroll College could be a good choice. Thats a deal breaker for us.

Application Common app Tuition R and B Scholarship Cost (T, R and B) Weed out GPA
Carroll University Free Yes 35,360 10,360 24,000 21,720 2.75

The 24k scholarship included 23k merit and 1k grant.

Here is info on the requirements to stay in the program. Seems the nursing students are given many chances to progress…

1 Like

Other state that happens to get many California students planning to go back home after graduation.

1 Like

Acceptances so far…(update)
All mentions are for the schools of nursing
3.7+ UW, No Test Scores

U of Portland, $17,775 merit
Marymount University, $23,500 merit
Creighton, $19,000 merit
Pacific Lutheran University $29,000 merit

2 Likes

@RobertBoxer I sent you a PM but it doesn’t look it went through.

At any rate, got this today… (so she is not yet admitted to PLU)

“We are pleased to inform you that you currently meet criteria for admission. However, because qualified applications to the program far exceed available spaces, we would like to add your name to our selective wait list.”

The letter goes on to say, she will hear from them by Feb. :confused:

but below is on their website, so they must have admitted some students??

Application Priority Dates & Decisions

There are four application priority dates for Nursing Conditional Admission: October 25, November 15, December 15 and January 15. Students who submit all admission materials and the online Nursing Conditional Admission application prior to one of these dates can expect a conditional admission decision prior to the next decision date.

I wish there could be a way to “trade” admissions at the end of this process. Applying for colleges is so much more complicated and difficult these days. Not sure how these decisions are made.

The PLU letter reads:

"Congratulations! We have reviewed your application, and we are pleased to offer you early conditional admission to the baccalaureate nursing program at Pacific Lutheran University. As part of this innovative program, you will take pre-nursing and general education coursework at PLU during the 2022-2023 and 2023-2024 academic years (freshman and sophomore years). Upon successful completion of all courses, while maintaining the conditions of your admission and fulfillment of other standard eligibility criteria, you may begin the 2-year nursing major in the Fall of 2024.

The PLU School of Nursing has a rich history of excellence and the best of regional and national reputations for academic and clinical rigor, and for graduating baccalaureate-degreed nurses well-prepared for clinical practice as well as graduate studies. Admission to the nursing major is very competitive. This early offer of admission is being made to you because your high school record indicates a potential for high achievement in pre-nursing courses, and subsequent success in the nursing major. You should feel proud of your accomplishments so far."

2 Likes

Acceptances so far…(update)
All mentions are for the schools of nursing
3.7+ UW, No Test Scores

U of Portland, $17,775 merit
Marymount University, $23,500 merit
Creighton, $19,000 merit
Pacific Lutheran University $29,000 merit
Xavier, $20,000 + cost of all required text books

1 Like

When did you hear back from Xavier? Don’t see any activity on the Xavier board on CC.

Our admissions app portal was updated yesterday afternoon. Wednesday, 11/17.

Interestingly, the acceptance letter on the portal is dated October 27, 2021. But the “Status Update” was posted November 17. Looks like they made their decision much earlier but did not release the result.

@RobertBoxer

Did you get an email from Xavier? Haven’t received anything and because we did the common app I cant seem to find the place to check her portal. Any advice? :slight_smile:

Daughter just got an acceptance email from UH Manoa (pre nursing) no money mentioned.

Application Term: Fall 2022
Major: Pre-Nursing
College/School: Schl of Nursing&Dental Hygiene

No mention of direct admit so maybe its just an admittance to the school itself. ??

Hawaii has both direct entry and pre-nursing with secondary admission later for the nursing major. It looks like your student got admitted to the latter.

You may want to ask directly how competitive the pre-nursing to nursing secondary admission is. Contacts may be on web pages like https://nursing.hawaii.edu/nursing-bachelor/bs/ .

2 Likes

We did not get an email from Xavier. Happen to check the portal and saw that it was updated. We also did Common App.

Congrats on UHM! We also got the admission to UHM (pre-nursing) and are also waiting for their nursing school to decide on direct admission. They said they would not look at the nursing app until after the January 5 deadline. I need another excuse to visit Hawaii.

How did you access the portal? Daughter has never gotten any info on a portal.

And don’t we all need a reason to visit Hawaii. :wink:

Of course daughter would be thrilled to go to school there but its not really practical. Car, $$$ getting back and forth to Cali. I told her that many of my fellow travel nurses went there and that is an option down the road so not to fret. :wink:

Oahu has a good bus system that reduces the need for a car there. Of course, air travel to the mainland costs money.

1 Like

Xavier emailed us confirmation of our application when they received it. They provided the username (email) and a temporary password. Xavier Application Account Login

We just received the official email from Xavier with the subject “Your Xavier Admission Decision.”

A big folder just came in the mail a few minutes ago from Xavier. Xavier and SDSU are the only 2 schools that both my kids applied to. Son got 25K and daughter got 24k.

Application Common app Tuition R and B Scholarship Cost (T, R and B) Weed out GPA
Xavier Free Yes 42,460 13,580 24,000 plus books 32,040 2.7

@RobertBoxer - That link brought me right to the admission. Apparently we have been to that page before because we had a saved log in. I think I’m losing it a bit. :wink:

2 Likes

I wish I had an assistant myself. I went to the mailbox after reading your comment on the Xavier folder and found ours in the mailbox as well. Waiting for D to get home to open it. Congrats on the your two kids getting nice scholarships.

2 Likes

I asked my D to check her Xavier portal and the acceptance was there, 23K merit (3.5uw, 3.77w, SAT 1480). She did not mention an email, and there wasn’t anything in the mail today (we live in SE PA).

4 Likes

So for UHM this was their reply regarding direct admit…

Aloha!

All applications are defaulted to Pre-Nursing by the Office of Admissions until our Nursing application evaluation has been completed. Applicants receiving an admission offer will have their major updated to Nursing at that time. Application decisions for students that successfully completed the NursingCAS application are expected to be distributed in the following timelines:

• High School Direct Entry into Nursing (DEN)
    end of February or early March

• BS in Nursing (HSNC)
    end of March or early April

• Online ADN to BS in Nursing (RNBS)
    end of March of early April

Thanks for the updated info! End of February or early March sounds like a nice time to visit Hawaii. Good luck to everyone who’s applying and hope you get in.