Nursing Class of 2026 (Direct Admit BSN)

My SIL was a nursing professor at Westminister. She speaks highly of the program and describes it as a hidden gem.

1 Like

Merit money can be so deceptive. We are looking at net cost after merit and before any loans. Also looking at gpa needed to keep scholarship, minimum grades for nursing classes, and whether study abroad is possible. Honors program invites add a little incentive. Donā€™t forget to add in nursing fees

3 Likes

Thereā€™s definitely a lot of factors! Iā€™m curious by what you mean about deceptive? It seemed fairly straightforward last year- just not always enough! :joy:

1 Like

and when I said that those 3 (York UNM and PLU) were the most affordable, there were others but just not desirable to my daughter.

For those who are ok with Ohio for OOS students, Youngstown, Akron, and Cleveland are very affordable.

North Dakota State U and Carroll U were also low cost.

Those schools were low on our list and were truly for backup purposes only.

1 Like

Deceptive with regard to the amount of meritā€¦it may seem like you are getting this amazing bargain with a huge scholarship, but some schools have much higher tuition/room/board costs than others. And some may be willing to give some grant aid this year, but with the change in fafsa next year, the student may not get that extra money off (I have two kids in college and this year my expected cost was split between both kids. Next year I will be expected to pay the same for both).

1 Like

Ahh I understand. Yes itā€™s definitely important to look at the final cost! The school that gave me the least merit would have ended up being the cheapest (in state public). I only got loans offered so I canā€™t speak to grant aid. Good luck in figuring everything out! How many schools are you looking at?

@Livvyxoxo where did you end up? you are in nursing yes?

Yes I am! I got into 6/8 nursing programs and ended up at UNH (University of New Hampshire). I am on a medical leave right now and having surgery in the next few months. This forum was helpful and encouraging as I was going through the process, and Iā€™m trying to do the same :smiley:

3 Likes

Good luck with the surgery. How are you finding your experience so far at UNH Nursing? I assume you are in your freshman year? Are you a traditional freshman? Do you live on campus? LLC? Class sizes, workload, etc?

Thank you! I am on a medical leave at the moment, planning to go back in the fall. I was a freshman, although a bit older than the traditional freshman due to medical issues. I lived on campus, but not in an LLC. Some of the classes were large lectures (intro to psych, A&P, an elective to fulfill core requirements), and some were smaller classes (college writing, A&P lab). Let me know if you have any other questions, or feel free to PM!

1 Like

Would you mind sharing your childs stats, we are still waiting OOS.

Same here, frsutrating, my childs stats are 4.0 GPA, OOS, several APā€™s and 1340 SAT. I have heard of some accepted without scores, wondering if we made the right decision by submitting.

1 Like

Updated for DD:

• might recall we have access to a tuition program but weā€™ll be waiting on that for a while.

*Emmanuel College- accepted, $27k merit, added $2k this week for housing, revisiting 2/5
*Salve Regina University - accepted, $22k merit, revisiting 2/11
*Endicott College - accepted, $15k merit, not sure on revisit yet
*University of New England - accepted, $20k merit, revisiting both Biddeford and Portland campuses
*Assumption University - accepted, $22k merit, already visited twice, not top of list presently
*UMass Dartmouth - accepted, $5k merit, not revisiting
*UMass Boston - $10k in-state merit, nearly highest awarded and based on ACT, not revisiting
*Roger Williams University - accepted, no nursing, hubby works there so no cost
*Sacred Heart University - accepted, $16k merit, not sure yet as sheā€™s not a fan of the sorority scene
*Northeastern University - deferred, reach, sibling is a sophomore, not sure yet whether withdraw

3 Likes

Updated for DD-

Accepted:
Adelphi - 32K/yr merit
Binghamton - 15K/yr merit
Fairfield - 22K/yr merit
Ohio State -not DA, pre-nurs (easy)
Molloy - : 10K/yr merit
Penn State UP: no merit yet
Simmons - 28K/yr merit
UMass Lowell - 50% tution/fees merit, in-state
UMass Boston: $10k in-state merit
UMassD: no merit yet - instate
UVM - 18K/yr
UPitt -: no merit yet

Northeastern ā€“ Deferred
UMass Amherst (instate) ā€“ Waitlisted for fall and spring 2022 (also, they donā€™t accept transfer to nursing)

UConn- waiting

2 Likes

D received admission into school of nursing at Saint Louis University today
All mentions are for the schools of nursing
3.7+ UW, No Test Scores

U of Portland, $17,775 merit
Marymount University, $23,500 merit
Creighton, $19,000 merit
Pacific Lutheran University, $29,000 merit
Xavier, $20,000 + cost of all required text books
Marquette, $23,500 merit
Azusa Pacific University, $19,000 merit
Saint Louis University, $22,000 merit

5 Likes

Wow Umass Boston/Lowell would be a steal!!

The Big East colleges provide consistent offers with just $4k per year separating them. A friends daughter is at Xavier and really likes it.

Unfortunately, in MA the fees are what make up the lionā€™s share of the total cost of attendance. It appears my DD is receiving something from the UMass Boston Honors College today in the mail, so weā€™ll see what thatā€™s all about:). We wouldnā€™t pay the small tuition amount regardless as I work for the state, and Iā€™m not even certain how her merit will play out in that instance.

@Massmom72 - I searched for details on fees for UMass colleges and this is what I found <LINK>

Could you please help me figure out what I might be missing in terms of fees? The total tuition + fees comes out to be less than $10000 per sem considering the child would be covered by the parentā€™s health insurance. Of course there is an additional cost for living expenses (dorm+dininig) as well.

Ah, seems like they are bundling them now. In 2019 when my son graduated, they were separate, and my tuition waiver resulted in about $2,000 savings per year.