Nursing Class of 2026 (Direct Admit BSN)

@bongbong2

Thats great info for future students. Funny I went back on the site again and I still cant find where that is posted about the direct admit. For a min I though I might have had the wrong school. You would think that they would make it more obvious.

Congrats on the Fullerton interview and good luck with the others. Your kiddo
must have great stats… :slight_smile:

I am so proud of my daughter. She was admitted to SDSU this morning. It was her top choice and the only direct admission school she applied to. Happy tears!

18 Likes

Congrats, and hearing just how competitive it is out there on the left coast, you must be very proud (and relieved)!

2 Likes

Congratulations @rubysue1979

That is such wonderful news. :slight_smile:

Can you please provide her stats?

Please dont include things that SDSU doesn’t look at. (Like Test Scores and EC’s)

How many A-G classes did she have?

In state?

Again, Congratulations!

1 Like

OOS, 4.3 CSUW GPA (4.0 UW), 29 A-G, just a couple of AP but 52 DE credits earned and 11 more in progress.

2 Likes

ZeeMee app shows 6-7 girls admitted to 2022 freshman class SDSU nursing today 3/14. Some in state, others OOS. Looks like most accepted had a 4.3 CSU weighted GPA or higher.

4 Likes

My daughter was admitted to Cal State Fullerton Direct Entry BSN this afternoon with distinction. We are still waiting on SDSU, UC Irvine and UCLA. She really only applied to California schools and a few surrounding.

In State
Cal State GPA 4.55
UW GPA 3.92
Weighted GPA 4.62
9 AP classes

CSU Fullerton - Accepted (Direct Entry BSN)
CSU San Bernardino - Accepted (Pre-Nursing)
Cal State Chico - Accepted (Pre-Nursing)
Cal State Channel Islands - (Pre-Nursing)

Azusa Pacific - Accepted (Direct Entry BSN)

ASU (Lake Havasu Campus) Accepted Direct Entry BSN
University of Wyoming - Accepted (Direct Entry BSN)
University of Utah - Accepted (Pre-Nursing)
University of Arizona - Accepted (Pre-Nursing)
University of New Mexico (Accepted into the university, Nursing is pending)

SDSU - Pending
UC Irvine - Pending
UCLA - Pending

9 Likes

Found another list online of Nursing Programs. Put together by a private high school. Not all states covered, but helpful for those in future years looking to this thread as a resource! https://www.stpius.com/cmss_files/attachmentlibrary/College_Placement/News_Bits/Direct-Admit-Nursing---amp--Nursing-Programs.pdf

4 Likes

Hi there, my daughter just found out she was admitted to SDSU Nursing! Right now this is her top choice but we are from out of state, so still waiting to see total cost. Does anyone have a current student in the nursing program? Any thoughts you would be willing to share about the program? Before this, Pitt was a clear winner, but the chance to be in California is a dream and since we may not be able to make it to Admitted Students Day, I am trying to get as much first-hand information as possible. Thanks!!

7 Likes

SDSU does not offer need-based aid (other than eligible Federal aid like Pell grants) and very little merit aid (need to apply after enrolling) to OOS students.

I have linked the cost of attendance: Undergraduate Non-Resident | Student Affairs and Campus Diversity | SDSU

Expect to pay full fees around $44K/year. SDSU has a 2 year on-campus living requirement.

Not sure if @Banker1 is still active on CC but they had a daughter in the SDSU Nursing program.

3 Likes

Welp, daughter was finally denied for SDSU. Moving on…

In fact this am we just toured Westminster in Utah and I’m so impressed. There are mountains surrounding the school with snow, a super cool walkable town and they did a great job presenting the school. Super chill liberal vibe, VERY LGBTQ friendly. This would be “my” choice but lets see after PLU next week. Feeling peaceful today. We are getting closer to a decision…

11 Likes

What a great feeling!

1 Like

You have your really good schools that will welcome your D! And at a great price for the parents. Win-win.

2 Likes

Congrats! MU is a great school and Milwaukee an amazing city! I am from the Milwaukee area and baffled by the pretzel as a gift! :rofl:

1 Like

Hi, I was just waitlisted with no Alternate major at UCI. Does this mean I am on a nursing waitlist?

Did you list an alternate on your application? I would call admissions to confirm or you may be on the waitlist as Undeclared. Please update if you get an answer.

1 Like

So glad the visit went well. Best of luck with the decision.

We attended the admitted students day at Azusa Pacific University yesterday. So glad we did because it confirmed my son’s decision to attend APU. He really connected with the faculty and the location in LA. We are from Nor Cal. It is a small school Christian school that fits his faith orientation. And the weather was nice. That is always nice.

Wishing everyone on this board that you will find your BSN program.

9 Likes

Our family was also at Azusa Pacific’s admit day yesterday. BSN students got to sit in an OB class. Loved the whole event! We will be heading out to Gonzaga next week followed by PLU and Portland. We are down to four.

3 Likes

My D arriving in the Bahamas today with her marine ecology class.

4 Likes