Nursing school applications?

<p>Test scores can be sent directly from College board or through your guidance counselor if listed on your HS transcript. Some colleges will only accept scores directly from the College Board. If you are concerned about timing, make sure your preferred colleges are listed to get reports from the College Board, so you don’t have to wait for your guidance counselor to act.</p>

<p>Some applications give you a spot to list upcoming test dates, while others do not.</p>

<p>By the way, there is ONE flagship public unversity that refuses to give admissions preference to residents of its own state - Penn State.</p>

<p>I see. By the way, is it okay if my common app essay isn’t about why I want to be a nurse? Because I wrote my essay on a more general topic like one thing i experienced that turned my life around, and I have gotten positive feedback on it.</p>

<p>The essay should get the person reading it to like you, among other purposes. It is not necesary to write about nursing (unless the college specifically requires it) - the persons reading essays get tired of the same essay topics being used over and over again. However, if possible, I would try to work in a paragraph about nursing.</p>

<p>What about supplements? How would you know if nursing schools have supplemental essays? I went to most of the websites of the schools I’m applying to, but I can’t seem to find any except the regular supplement…</p>

<p>For the colleges that also require their own supplement to the Common application it would be identified in the supplement if any additional essays are required for any reason (i.e. applying for admission to the Honors Program at the college or to a specific major). If it is not identified as required then you don’t need to submit any additional essays. A few colleges do require an additional essay as part of their supplement for general admission but again this would be noted in the supplement. A very small number of colleges allow applicants the option to submit another essay but it is not required (again this would be noted in the supplement application) If any of the colleges you are applying to allow this I would recommend submitting another essay with the theme of why you are interested in Nursing as a career. Again best of luck to you.</p>

<p>There are many less selective colleges that say an essay is optional. Spend the time to write one any way. After all, if one college requires it, you might as well send it to all of your colleges.</p>