Nursing schools I would have a shot at?

<p>Hi! I'm a rising senior, interested in nursing. Unfortunately, this was a relatively late discovery-and my stats aren't the best. Here we are:</p>

<p>GPA: 3.3 unweighted, honors and pre-AP courses. Slight upward trend. One C due to a bad teacher-the average for her classes was a D+, and my GC will explain this in my recommendation. </p>

<p>SAT I: 720 CR, 630 M, 690 W</p>

<p>EC's: Student Council (9-10) SADD (10-11) Christ's Closet (free clothing store, 9-10) Part time job (paid for my tuition since grade 9). </p>

<p>National, history, and French honor societies</p>

<p>So far, I've liked UMASS Amherst-I've heard good things about Northeastern and Quinnipiac, but I'm not sure how great my chances would be. </p>

<p>Can anyone tell me about a few schools in the northeast I'd have a good shot at?</p>

<p>Blaming a teacher for a bad grade, even with a GC letter, would not be viewed favorably by adcoms.</p>

<p>Even if she’s been fired because of her teaching methods?</p>

<p>And if I don’t send it-will my math score help me? Or just make me look like a slacker?</p>

<p>If you have an issue with an improper grade then I think you’d be better off taking your argument up with your HS administration (or school board) whether than trying it with a college admissions committee. JMPO…
That said…your grades and standardized tests scores are not bad so apply EARLY to 8 or 9 schools that you are interested in and take your chances.
Good Luck!</p>

<p>There are a ton of direct entry nursing programs in eastern PA that are not extremely difficult for admissions. Many would offer 50% off of tuition merit aid for your SAT scores.</p>

<p>Charlieschm, could I bother you for some names?</p>

<p>Private colleges in eastern PA with direct entry nursing programs include Misericordia U., Wilkes U., De Sales U., La Salle U., Drexel U., York College of PA, Alvernia U., Messiah U., Holy Family U., and others. </p>

<p>My daughter is attending York College, which has about 5,000 students, has a list price of tuition of only $18K, lots of modern on-campus housing, great nursing facilities, provides merit aid, and has a huge hospital right across the street.</p>

<p>And is there any way to get to the city for recreation?</p>

<p>Please explain your question.</p>

<p>If you are referring to York College, it is about a one hour drive from the Inner Harbor in Baltimore. Or, you can drive 30 minutes and then take the light rail into the city.</p>

<p>Yeah, I meant from York. Thanks!</p>

<p>Does anyone know about Quinnipiac’s nursing program?</p>

<p>There is Also public transportation in York that takes you various places. I never used it but I know others did. I had my car all four years.</p>