NYU Class of 2027 Official Thread

Son was waitlisted for Tandon CS. 1590 4.0 UW OOS

Waitlisted. International Student asking for full ride. 5th waitlist thus far!

1 Like

delete

Rejected but happy :slight_smile:. Iā€™ll be going to UIUC (University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign) for physics, which is way better for that. I was curious about NYU though. Congratulations to those who got in!

7 Likes

housing showed summer only btw!!!

2 Likes

live love laugh :crazy_face:
#rejected :v: !!!

1 Like

Agree, UIUC is a better choice for Physics than NYU, Congrats!!!

3 Likes

rejected cas 1530 sat 34 act 4.3 gpa student body prez and 6 other presidential roles in extracurriculars :smiley:

Daughter accepted !
Wt GPA : 4.75
ACT = 36
Strong ECs, State awards & National top 20 in one of her primary EC, Research publications & conference presentation
Strong LOR
Strong leadership positions

5 Likes

Waitlisted:(ā€¦ idk Iā€™ll take it. 1490 SAT, 3.99 UW, decent ECs, idk how good my LORs were, and I feel like my essays were fairly good. 3 APs (4s across the board), 5 DE, a bunch of honors. I applied to Gallatin, which may have had something to do with it?

Waitlisted.

Humanities applicant
Legacy

lots of rejections so far in this threadā€¦ who even got in :slight_smile: ?

2 Likes

Son accepted at Steinhardt for Music Industry.

4 Likes

Daughter rejected for CAS. 1470 SAT, 97 GPA.
She goes to a NYC public high school and nearly half of her class applied.

Waitlisted. Applied to Tisch Drama but alternates were Gallatin and CAS, so not sure what she would be remaining on the waitlist for. Sheā€™s okay bc sheā€™s got some good offers, and still waiting on three (just that I want her to stay closer to home, so NYC schools is MY best option for her.)

For future portal astrologists:
No buttons at the end. Personal update button since Friday after Update Application button went away. Couldnā€™t access homebase (ā€œinvalidā€ page), much less admitted student portal. Albertā€™s ā€œFinancial Aid Linksā€ button stated ā€œFinancial Aid Links are NOT Accessibleā€ (even now). NYU Home Favorites had 4 favorited (as mentioned in my previous post). Housing portal had Summer only.

1 Like

Waitlist is basically a soft rejection.

5 Likes

Absolutely crazy this year!

6 Likes

Feels like Waitlist is similar to getting a participation trophy :rofl:

8 Likes

S23 waitlist #3 (along with Colby & Wesleyan). 1490 SAT (one sitting), 3.85 UW GPA, spiked extracurriculars in environmental biology, writing & trombone. Accepted to Bowdoin so content! Best of everything to everyone. Such a brutal application year!

1 Like

Accepted into Gallatin School of Individualized Study - from Colorado, no legacy

3 Likes