NYU Fall 2022 Admissions - Class of 2026

I wondered that too. i figured they’d identify MLK scholars in the acceptance letter.

NYtoAA, congrats to you and your son!! What’s your son’s SAT score and UW GPA?

Congrats gj1760220! What’s your SAT score and UW GPA?

accepted into steinhardt
35 ACT; 3.95 UW/4.75 W
5 APs; 4-5 only
founded clubs,
national level awards
job

waitlisted from rory
out of state applicant
3.87 uw/ 4.23 w
5 aps, 13 honors
rotated at clinical and outlying sites
certified nurse aide + patient care technician. working on pharmacy tech
college board African american national scholar

MLK Scholars are accepted on a rolling basis. Separate from admissions. The MLK Scholars program sends out initial offers and waits to see who accepts. Then they send out another wave. You may even be rejected initially and then accepted later. Class of 2025 had 64 MLK Scholars in total.

My S was accepted to Tisch. The admission letter does not state what major or program he got into. Is that standard for NYU?

1550 [SAT]
3.8 UW/4.3 W
8 APs (5 in senior year)

My son’s didn’t specify either. Hadn’t noticed until now!

Oh! I just looked at the letter and you are right. That is odd.

My daughter told me NYU only asks for preference but not the actual major you will be admitted to. You are admitted to the college and then you will decide the major.

2 Likes

And there is no concern they will not be allowed to have the major they prefer?

Yes, there is no concern.

2 Likes

D accepted to Gallatin!

1 Like

My D got accepted to Silver School of Social work. Not her first choice so we will see. She wanted to do Global Health which is in college of arts and science. Switching to a different college within NYU is difficult I guess.

1 Like

@tmbby - Got accepted to Rory. Will be turning down my offer today to make room for those on the waitlist!!! It ain’t over. If those of you who got accepted and KNOW they are going to decline. It would be nice to decline ASAP so those on the waitlist can get in faster!!!

6 Likes

For CAS, usually declare your major formally near the end of your sophomore year. Per CAS rules, “Students must also have one year of residency at CAS prior to declaring the major; incoming freshmen and transfers are not eligible for immediate declaration upon entrance to the University.”

I am not sure how Tisch works but surely you are admitted into your major as the programs differ right from the start? I mean, if you have to prepare auditions/portfolios for admission surely you are in the major?

Thank you! Where are you headed, if you don’t mind saying.

Georgetown or Hopkins…

35 ACT
3.9 UW
7 AP’s

Great choices! Congratulations!

1 Like