October 23 decisions??

My son applied a couple weeks ago and the confirmation email said decisions will be released daily starting October 23. This seems a lot earlier than what I saw on the CC boards for last year. Could this be a typo?? Anyone else seen this?

So I guess I didn’t realize this–found this on the counselor info page:

Purdue Moves to Rolling Admissions

For freshman applying for Fall 2016 Purdue will move to rolling admissions. This means we will review applications as they are completed and release decisions as they are made, with the first decisions released on October 23.

Here’s what you need to know:

What it means

High school seniors are strongly encouraged to apply early in their senior year (by November 1).

Purdue will begin releasing decisions on October 23, but we won’t guarantee decisions on that date. Students can expect to wait at least 12 weeks for a decision from the date they COMPLETE their application.

November 1, is still the most critical application deadline. It’s the firm deadline to be considered for merit scholarships, the Honors College and admission to nursing or veterinary technology. To meet this deadline, applications must be complete.

What it doesn’t mean

Students who apply in August or September do not have a better chance of being admitted or earning a scholarship than any student who meets the November 1 deadline. However, admission may become more competitive for students who wait till after November 1 to apply.

We don’t plan to overly promote a “decision release date.” We don’t want to cause anxiety among students and create a rush to request transcripts during your first days of school.

Those who apply early will not receive preferential treatment for on-campus housing assignments.

Thank you. Very helpful!

@cakeisgreat are you still looking at food science programs? S2 is just a sophomore but I think that’s where he’s headed. I may visit Purdue with him next summer to check it out.