Off campus housing

<p>My son did not get on campus housing for his Sophomore year at Tech. I could use some advice from recent students/parents about decent housing options. He is looking at an apartment in Terrace View that has been renovated. Want a decent, reasonable 3BR with easy access to campus.</p>

<p>I am not really recent, but I will recommend Foxridge. The main reason is that heat and hot water are included in the rent. This brings a lot of predictability to the monthly cost. </p>

<p>It’s a little farther, but Blacksburg is not all that big. There is a bike path from the back side of the complex that come out at the duck pond.</p>

<p>Son lives in Chasewood Downs (near Terrace View, close to campus). He has enjoyed it and best of all has Verizon Internet not Comcast. Very reasonable even with paying for gas/electric. For some reason my son says he will never live in TerraceView (I did 25+ years ago) or Foxridge (too far out). Not sure what he basis this opinion on though. I am sure others will say they love it. Really all the apartments have pros/cons and any will work out just fine.</p>