Off-Topic Discussion from "Colleges Crossed Off List or Moved Up After Visiting"

I doubt many “love” Middletown. But like the other thousands of posters on this board who have developed an affinity for either alma mater or the place at which their children attend, Wes-connected people do, and rightly IMO, point out that Middletown isn’t all bad and has some hidden positives, which it does. Conversations involving comparisons to major cities are a waste of time. It’s like making an argument that pink is the best color.

Yes, I’ve noticed that about you. May I ask, why? It seems like such an odd way to spend one’s time.

You do seem to enjoy making a lot of wise cracks and put downs about the school your kid supposedly attends. I might say that’s a first for me in my travels on CC … or off the internet for that matter. And your few positive descriptions of Wesleyan seem rooted in thinly veiled sarcasm and hyperbole.

There is a practice on the sports message boards of posters who are fans of brand X posing as fans of brand Y and acting the role of the fool accordingly for obvious purposes. In sports I can understand it, though it’s still an eye roll. Academia … well, to each his or her own.

2 Likes