OFFICIAL 2014 African American Results Thread

<p>My problem when I visited harvard is that the students seemed so full of themselves, I applied (parents wanted me to), but doubt I would like it if I am accepted.
@Justadream, I am jealous with your no rejections, I got into 11 schools so far, but rejected at Stanford.</p>

<p>Tomorrow can be a very good or very bad day, lol. “THE DAY OF RECKONING”.</p>

<p>T-18 hours lol! i’m getting so nervous now, i’m most nervous for Penn though because i got deferred in December, and i just read that Penn’s admit rate this year was like 14.2%, which i’m thinking means i have no chance :/</p>

<p>^^^ there is always a chance. I will pray for you. Actually, I just did.</p>

<p>Awwww thanks for the encouragement I really do appreciate it. And now I’m gonna say a prayer for all of us lol ;)</p>

<p>After tomorrow, no more anxiously waiting for colleges! (Annoying optimist I know)</p>

<p>Thanks alot for the encouragement everyone, I’ll be praying for you all too! ;_; Omg Less than 4 hours left…</p>

<p>And Mouse, I know what you mean. I’m not very optimistic but that’s what I keep telling myself to keep myself sane.</p>

<p>Its D-day for our seniors. God bless you and good luck make us proud!</p>

<p>■■■■. I’ve been named a Columbia University Scholar. I was not expecting this at all. I’d love to go there now. :D</p>

<p>btw, I got the letter in the mail, not by email. I live very close to NYC. All hail the powers of DHL!!</p>

<p>o snap i just realized there is another one of these forums lol</p>

<p>S: upitt…chapel hill…oberlin…bowdoin… Hopkins and Brown… thank god we’re done</p>

<p>not sure which one he’ll end up at …still going over finances probably the full ride to Pitt or we’ll all scrap for Brown…</p>

<p>Congrats to all…very proud of you guys :)</p>

<p>Congrats to everyone once again! I wish ya’ll the best in whichever schools you decide to go. You all have inspired me to dream and achieve higher.</p>

<p>Where were you accepted: Pepperdine, University of Southern California, La Verne, California Baptist, Indiana
Did you get any scholarships/ Honors program: 25% at USC, hefty scholarships @ Pepperdine, rest don’t matter…</p>

<p>Stats:[ul]
[<em>] SAT: 1960
[</em>] ACT: 30
[<em>] GPA: 3.93/4.00 (unweighted)
[</em>] Rank: 17/358
[<em>] Ap Courses: English, Calculus
[</em>] Other stats:
[/ul]Subjective:[ul]
[<em>] Essays: excellent, I’d assume.
[</em>] Teacher Recs: definitely had plenty of mainstays to run to; easy when you’re the only smart Black kid in your class
[<em>] Counselor Rec: (see above)
[</em>] Hook (if any): Chocolate flavoring
[/ul]Location/Person:[ul]
[<em>] State or Country: Indiana
[</em>] School Type: Public
[<em>] Gender: Male
[</em>] major strength/weakness: writing strengths, no glaring weaknesses
[<em>] why you think you were accepted/rejected/defered where you were: Blackness, smarts, test scores, extra currics
[</em>] significant awards/recongitions: National Achievement Scholarship recipient, Lugar Scholar honoree, National Merit Semi-Finalist
[*] summer activities: volunteering at leadership camp, coaching AAU basketball [/ul]</p>

<p>^^^ HEY what part of Indiana? I’m from Indiana. Nice to meet another Hoosier.</p>