** Official Class of 2019 - Decision **

<p>I didn't see any Class of 2019 threads, so I made one myself in order to help future students!
JUST FYI: Loyola Chicago doesn't have an acceptance rate of 91%; the rep. came to our school and informed us that it was a mistake, but I unfortunately do not remember the actual percentage. </p>

<p>You can use this to inform us about your decision status!</p>

<p>Decision: Accepted as psychology major</p>

<p>Objective:
SAT I (breakdown): didn’t submit
ACT: 32
SAT II: didn’t submit
weighted GPA (out of 5): 4.03
Rank (percentile if rank is unavailable): N/A
AP (place score in parenthesis): took AP classes
IB (place score in parenthesis): N/A
Senior Year Course Load: AP Bio, AP Psych, AP Eng. Lit., AP Gov, Religion, AP French, AP Stats
Major Awards (USAMO, Intel etc.): not much - National Honor Society; French Honors Awards; Service Awards; Academic Decathlon medals</p>

<p>Subjective:
Extracurriculars (place leadership in parenthesis): Different officer position for Interact Club
Cultural/Church Extracurriculars: N/A
Job/Work Experience: Tutoring
Volunteer/Community service: Volunteer work as part of Interact Club; official teacher at a Saturday (first communion) program at local school
Teacher Recommendation: Math Teacher - didn’t see it, but probably 9/10
Counselor Rec: Didn’t see it, but she told me it was good 9/10
Interview: None</p>

<p>Other:
State (if domestic applicant): CA
Country (if international applicant): N/A
School Type: Private
Ethnicity: Asian

<p>Extra:
Scholarship: Damen Scholarship - $70k in total</p>

<p>Hey, when did you apply?
Because I completed my application on November 28th, but my transcripts (which I sent November 20th) was marked as received on December 10th. </p>

<p>How long did it take for you to get admitted from when you sent in your application? Im just wondering if its possible that I’ll get my admission decision before the year is out. </p>

<p>@GABE245‌ about 10 days!</p>

<p>Decision: Accepted as Biology major (I plan to switch to Bioinformatics)</p>

<p>Objective:
SAT I:
CR- 710
M- 630
W- 630
Weighted GPA: 4.6
Unweighted GPA: 3.6
ACT: Didn’t take, but what I got on the SAT transfers to a 31 I believe
AP: taken AP Lang, AP human geo, AP european history, AP US history, currently in AP chem and AP stats. Scored 4+ in all
Awards: nothing really, AP scholar, school honors</p>

<p>Extracurriculars (place leadership in parenthesis): N/A
Cultural/Church Extracurriculars: N/A
Job/Work Experience: Summer job, caregiving
Volunteer/Community service: Caregiving
Teacher Recommendation: English teacher, very good recommendation
Counselor Rec: 9/10

<p>Other:
State (if domestic applicant): SC
School Type: Public
Ethnicity: White

<p>Extra: Damen Scholarship, 17,500 per year
Gonna need to find a roommate, so I’m interested in meeting anyone else who is planning on attending, just message me!</p>

<p>The acceptance rate in 2012 was 58% when I checked. The leap to 91% was definitely confusing!</p>

<p>Decision: Accepted as an undecided major</p>

<p>Objective:
SAT I (breakdown): 2150 One Sitting (700CR 700M 760W)
ACT: 30
SAT II: N/A
Weighted GPA (out of 5): 4.3. I think Loyola only asked for my unweighted, which is 3.84
Rank (percentile if rank is unavailable): 9% according to counselor - school doesn’t publicize ranking
AP (place score in parenthesis): Euro (5) APUSH (5) Lit (4) Psych (4)
IB (place score in parenthesis): N/A
Senior Year Course Load: AP Government (this summer), AP Microeconomics, AP AB Calc, AP English Lang, AP Spanish, Study Hall, Cadet Teaching (with the elementary/middle schools)
Major Awards (USAMO, Intel etc.): National Honor Society; Spanish Honors Society; NSE Bronze award; FPS Scenario Competition awards</p>

<p>Subjective:
Extracurriculars (place leadership in parenthesis): Dance (Lead Chairman); Writer’s Club (President); Art Club (Secretary), a few others
Cultural/Church Extracurriculars: One international mission trip and one local over summers; dance ministry junior year
Job/Work Experience: N/A (dance assisting is the closest thing to a real job)
Volunteer/Community service: assistant for lower-level ballet students since 8th grade; Spanish tutoring and other occasional volunteer jobs for NHS and SHS
Teacher Recommendation: N/A; I received a free application that did not require one.
Counselor Rec: N/A

<p>Other:
State (if domestic applicant): IN
School Type: Competitive Public
Ethnicity: White

<p>Extra:
Scholarship: Damen Scholarship - $17.5k/yr $70k/total</p>

<p>One of my friends with (I’m assuming) similar statistics was also accepted and received the same scholarship, but she was accepted ED1 at Bryn Mawr and is headed there instead. I’m still undecided about attending Loyola, especially when it comes to financial aid. I haven’t visited yet, so I would love to hear about it from current students/visitors!</p>

Accepted, Political Science Major
2110 SAT
3.79 gpa weighted with 11 APs and IBs
Church service
Varsity sport
Loyola Scholarship, 16.5k/yr

Feels so good to be accepted to a school id like to go to!

I know I am a bit late, but I thought I might post my info so others in the future can have some more info.

Decision: Accepted with Presidential Scholarship ($18.5K)
ACT: 32
GPA UW: 3.8 W: 4.2

Total honors/APs: 9

ECs:
NHS
NAHS
Art Club
Photography Club
Feminist Club
Student Council

A little volunteer work here and there, nothing really substantial.

Loyola sent me a free application where I didn’t have to write any essays because I was a “top candidate” or something along those lines. If you show interest and you have good stats they will reach out to you and offer this, so definitely try to aim for that and then you won’t even have to write an essay!

Feel free to contact me if anyone has any questions!

Question, how to they award scholarships? At first, I thought its by ACT/GPA, but the poster above me confused that thought compared to ppl I know :wink: (no offense to sjr)

Accepted as a Health Systems Management major

28 ACT
3.98 W GPA
3.84 U GPA
1 AP
Spanish Honors Society
Symphonic Band
Culinary Arts Club
Freshman and JV Volleyball
Club Volleyball

$19k scholarship/$76 over 4 years