OFFICIAL Early Action Thread! ( Purdue Class of 2018)

<p>no. i haven’t even been ablt to view the decision letter (accepted on 13th dec)!</p>

<p>Congratulations to all those who got in! :smiley:
And those who still haven’t received a decision yet, hang in there!</p>

<p>Mines not even in committee review yet. :frowning:
Still complete and ready for review. Oh well hopefully they can get them all done before New Years.</p>

<p>Has anyone heard anything the past two days?? The tension is killing me here…</p>

<p>I looked on twitter and people were posting that they got in in the late afternoon. I don’t know if that’s when they received it or that’s when they justt decided to post about it but this could mean the admissions office is working on the weekends. I’m also still in committee review so I feel your pain, dude.</p>

<p>the thing is on their facebook page they said everyone should know by 12/31 but I phoned in and they told me that I could get an answer as late as mid- january…</p>

<p>Do you think that having a twin who already got accepted can increase my chances to get in?</p>

<p>Hawkair: No… If your twin has a 4.0 and you have a 2.5, they won’t let you in just because he/she got in…</p>

<p>mid-january? oh jesus</p>

<p>Could anyone tell me whether the adcom are working overtime throughout this week(except 25th)?</p>

<p>Yep I second what Sanjay said…can someone ring in?</p>

<p>I just left a message on Facebook’s Purdue Admissions Page asking if they were working this week. They responded with…</p>

<p>Hi Barbara, yes the Office of Admissions is working hard to have decisions made by Dec. 31 for applications received by Nov. 8. Thanks for your patience and keep checking. </p>

<p>It seems like they are pretty good at checking that page and responding to questions.</p>

<p>I GOT IN! WOO WOO!</p>

<p>No email yet, but my account did change to offer admission!</p>

<p>Congratulations! Was the status “Complete ready for review” or “in committee review” before you were admitted?</p>

<p>GPA: 3.3 UW
SAT: 1960
ECs: A bit above average
Essay: Very Good</p>

<p>What are my chances?</p>

<p>Rank: 8th of 33</p>

<p>As of yesterday it was “Complete and Ready for Review”. I didn’t check until about 10:30 and by then it had already changed. Hopefully you hear back soon!</p>

<p>To tell you the truth, I’ve been in committee review for more than a week…</p>

<p>same…do you think they’re working through the christmas period?</p>

<p>They may be working today but probably only part of the day and highly doubt they’ll be working tomorrow. If you don’t have a decision by today there’s a good chance you won’t get one until the 26th or later.</p>