***Official Thread for 2017 BSMD applicants***

My DS got into PLME !!!

We are accepting PLME and turning down all other programs (HPME, FAME, UMKC etc)

DD is inclined to Temple(BS/MD) or UC-Berkeley UG (L&S/CS).

@jessapen Congrats! Can you provide insight into your decision of picking Brown Versus HPME.

Hearty congrats @jessapen!!
@grtd2010 - please share your learnings from Temple so others in future can benefit from it.

Thanks for all the details about the Temple program. Based on this, it seems the Drexel bs md is a better choice as, I believe, it is guaranteed as long as DD meets their criteria. Am I missing anything?

DD got accepted at RPI/AMCā€¦ She was part of 2nd Round at RPI.

This forum is a great helpā€¦ .We started reading this forum very late, only for admission results. We wish we knew about this forum ahead of time. We found information on this forum is much more valuable than other sourcesā€¦ and its freeā€¦ save your thousands of dollars.

Iā€™ll come back and share our experience in more detail.

For now, Congratulations and Good luck to all for your future journey.

@ninject110 - Temple is much better ranked than Drexel, and if students feel confident about meeting the high GPA & MCAT, then they might choose to go with the better ranked school.

@ninject110 Drexel will cost a lot more with 20.7K scholarship compared to Temple. The other option for DD is a top UG program in Computer Science at UC-Berkeley. We can decide later to pursue traditional MD route.

Just gonna say this from what I have heard from the LIM program advisor hear at Union. They ideally want at least 13 candidates because we usually get 2 or 3 people who wash out or leave the program for other reasons. This is actually a problem because the year ahead of my class and the senior class only have 11 people each.

@jessapen PLME, Great choice! ;:wink:

From AL. Case Western 27 K scholarship

DS got accepted into RPI/AMC. Was invited for the second round and we just had the interview this monday.

This being our first experience with undergrad admissions in this country, it certainly was an eye opener. This forum provided such great support when we needed most.

Congratulations and Best wishes to everyone.

Not a program, but wanted to share the DD got into Stanford.

How did you all find out about njit? And also if I applied to njms through 4 undergraduates school, how would I find out about my decision? Would it be through only one of the undergrads, or all of them?

@DadOfPreMed - we received an email. DD also received a phone call.

My daughter also got into NJIT/TCNJ, confused about which one to select.

Stanford or BU SMED?

Augusta University/MCG 7 yr bs/md Versus Mercer University 8yr bs/md?

DS turned down offers from USF 7yr, UMiami new 8yr HPM, and LECOM 7yr BS/DO.

Need help reviewing Augusta University/MCG 7 yr bs/md Versus Mercer University 8yr bs/md ??

DD had applied to TCNJ but they had never gotten back to her even for UG admission. Now TCNJ sent email indicating she can choose to do TCNJ/NJMS. A bit surprised. She applied to Rutgers for BS, will she get email from Rutgers offering Rutgers/NJMS as well?