***Official Thread for BSMD Applicants 2018***

I was wondering how Wash.U notified students? Through phone call or email or mail? Anyone who has received invitation for Wash.U interview, please provide details. Thank you!

Has anyone received an interview from NJMS?

@hamzah25 Not yet

@EasyG9
Congratulations!!!

@ppst
Thank you for your wishes.

@LushLillies, @Katyperry145, @bsmdhopefully, @BurntKnight, @cleantable

I believe you all interviewed with NU-HPME.

If possible, can you please share the following -

• of interviews and with whom (e.g. student, Faculty, etc.) ?

• Format of interview (one-on-one, MMI, group, etc.) ?
  • Intensity (e.g. stress, intense, regular, etc.) ?

Appreciate your feedback.
Thank you for helping out.

@@@NoviceDad

Typically 4 interviews - 3 with faculty and 1 with medical student - almost an hour each
Face to face and one on one interview, and after is a tour, be prepared to be all day 8 am - 4 pm
Intensity depends on the candidate, will ask Qs on your background like research, volunteerism, publications, science fairs awards and any achievements, but no academics to talk about, since they have your profile already.

Congrats and Good luck.

@Mimic17
Thank you very much.

Called WashU just now. Looks like emails are sent last night. Have not received one.
Please share if anyone has received any emails?

Thanks @sewin2music

@Medicine9 nothing here too from WashU

From the Wash U Portal Just now - “University Scholars Program in Medicine
The application deadline for the University Scholars Program in Medicine for the Class of 2022 was January 5, 2018. All applicants chosen as finalists by the selection committee have been notified.”

So if you haven’t heard
I guess its a no.

Does anyone know when RPI/Union comes out?

In next 2 weeks

Wash U BS/MD is a tough one, very selective. They take very limited candidates. But no worries, even if you get selected, you need to maintain 4.0 GPA in the 8-year program, and have to get a very high MCAT score to get into medical program, it’s not worth going thru high stress levels at Wash U, very vigorous UG program.

Also starting this year in NU HPME, they increased the UG GPA requirements from 3.4 to 3.6, which is again tough to complete in 3 year UG NU, unless you want to extend to 4 year UG

Please visit the BS/MD sites for their updates.

Actually NU HPME site says starting in 2018, you need to maintain overall UG GPA 3.65 in 3 years as to 3.4 in previous years. BS/MD programs requirements are getting tougher year by year. Good luck.

@Mimic17
R u in the hpme program ?
How is ur experience ?

WashU University Scholar program in medicine – got email an hour ago that I am NOT invited to the next round of on campus interviews :frowning:

My DD was accepted in AMC/RPI today. Informed via email this morning. Official letter will arrive in post later. Interview was on Feb 16th.

Congratulations @ivyhunter !