***Official Thread for BSMD Applicants 2018***

Called Uconn. Said they are sending out bsmd decisions in a week.

has anybody heard back about stony brook?

Thanks @GoldenRock

I called StonyBrook today. They hope to have interview invites out by March 16. The woman said that they had 1000’s of applicants. There are 30 interview spots for 2 to 3 positions. Not great odds.

Thanks @biomeds

@moodybluepapaya One person in my school already received an invite for Stony Brook’s med program (today). Good luck

@brinksbsmd - Congrats. My S chose to go to Vany instead of BSMD last year.

@Metsfan7860 For StonyBrook, I’m guessing that you’re IS. We’re OOS - so not much hope.

Yeah, I am IS. Still, you never know if they might see something they like in your app.

@srk2017 Thanks! Yes, I am very excited - it is feeling surreal. I can see how this would be hard to turn down. Not sure what other doors open. I’m keeping fingers crossed.

How does your son like @ Vandy? What are his thoughts about his decision in hind sight?

@FinesseKing I heard VCU decisions are coming out on April 1

@meg321 That’s odd considering that it historically comes early-mid March.

@brinksbsmd - So far he is liking Vandy and no regrets, too early to tell. PM me if you need more info.

Is there anyone from previous years who can give us insight into the UPitt GAP interview process or experience? DD’s interview is coming up on the week of March 19. Any suggestions for preparation for the interview?

@moodybluepapaya @Metsfan7860

My daughter got an invite from Stony Brook.
We are OOS.

@NoviceDad: Congrats.

for parents who have more bsmd, Ivvies experience
do students decline interviews at this stage of the game when they have better options? Only asking because I think marginal candidates could get more interviews if those who have options and no intention of going to certain school
now start declining based on their preferences
thanks!

@shine27 and All:

Good point you raised at the right time. Not only interviews, even admissions and wait-list / deferred admissions to UG or BS/MD programs should be communicated once student has made up the mind and/or given the acceptance. You don’t have to wait till May 1st or whatever BS/MD program acceptance date deadline. That will help tremendously other students.

For example, the moment my DD got BS/MD acceptance at OU (3/28) and made up her mind around April 3rd, she formally informed NEOMED and Tulsa that she no longer wants to be in the wait-list for their BS/MD programs to free up the seat for other students.

@GoldenRock thank you - this helps
we did see 2 no shows at a BSMD interview in January
and the school told the parents wish students had informed them
they could have invited 2 other students and given them the interview opportunity. FYI. Thanks.

Same here in March. 4 did not show up out of the 49. less competition for candidates but deprives potential interviewees of a chance and just rude. It’s just consideration. If people know their decision, they can get on with their lives and give other worried and anxious folks a chance to get on with theirs.