***Official Thread for BSMD Applicants 2018***

I want an advice of MSU DO vs UToledo(Bacc2MD) vs SLU(medical scholar program). Which one is best?

LECOM has no dorms …

Nyitcom has no dorms either… but you use suny old westbury dorms :frowning:

Suny old westbury has bsdo with nycom -same program but much cheaper

Any news from Temple PPHS?

LECOM Erie has nice new apartments right across the street starting at about $600 per month. Who wants to live in a dorm when you are in your 20’s?

@sophie10000 “any school with no mcat acceptance is better” . Any school is stretching too far. Many students in BS/MD pool are very decent test takers. Also few Doctors students / parents posted many times, MCAT is just a tip of the ice berg. Even if you avoid MCAT, still you are have to take even harder exams USMLE Step 1, 2A, 2B, Board exams, renewal exams. It never stops.

So weigh all pros and cons and take time before finalizing the choice by May 1. GL.

My DC also on UCinn alternate list. Anyone know how many on this list?@RXD112 @Raniertx

For most kids MCAT is not the issue. For most its GPA from tough schools like UCB or JHU or MIT etc… only know one person (my niece) who struggled with MCAT despite good GPA. She ended up with DO. ECs and interviews are the unknowns.

Today is match day… Congratulations to all Drs/MDs/Physicians.

For those who will stay in the same place for BSMD, especially where none or no-good dorm available, would it be more economical to buy a condo nearby as residency and investment in 7-8 years?

Temple PPHS decisions are out! ACCEPTED!!

Congrats, @TheElusiveGod!! Now, the fun question is what to do with all these choices? What else do you have coming down the pipeline?

Congrats to all who got accepted for PPHS. Other dw there will a day for you as well. Kid didn’t apply to Temple.

@ppst Thank you! Haha, I definitely did not expect to have choices. I honestly didn’t even think I would get into a single BS/MD. I have to wait for a couple of more programs, and then I’ll let you know my decision!

got into siena/amc!!!

Congrats to those who have offers!!! Those w multiple offers…please decline the ones you do not want…may help w those on waiting lists etc. GL to all.

My daughter got into Siena Albany Med program too. Came by postal mail, big folder. So very happy. Now that we have one choice ready, DD is so happy and relieved. Her cousin is in AMC, MS1 after going through this program and she couldn’t be happier. Thank God!

that is awesome…so happy for your family…congrats @TTV2018

Thanks a lot! @shine27 So much relief! If we have multiple options, I swear we will submit deposit soon to the first choice and decline others. In fact I was telling her to decline her other undergrad acceptances in early April.