***Official Thread for BSMD Applicants 2018***

does anyone have any insight as to when Drexel bs/md is coming out? all of the rd information came out today so i am assuming bs/md is not far behind?

Thank you @Metsfan7860

Does anyone else waitlisted for PLME? No idea how many accepted and waitlisted

Thank you @Metsfan7860

Does anyone else waitlisted for PLME? No idea how many accepted and waitlisted

Oh my bad I mean HPME not PLME

@PPofEngrDr thank you. Good luck with the Ivies. I am very sure kids on this thread are so smart, they definitely will go to great colleges following their dreams! My kid has WashU for right now and few UCs with UCLA waitlisted. Hoping to hear good news from the rest of applied colleges.

Does anyone have any idea about when the results for drexel will come out?

Drexel undergrad results came out today, probably BSMD will come out soon…

Anxiously waiting for RPI/AMC results…

@merlion14 - Good luck !!

@merlion14 . Did you have your interview this past Mon? Would you know if there are more batches of interviews?

@HariVayu AMC interviews will continue until end of March, alternating on Monday and Friday

Accepted for Rice undergrad. Waiting for the interview decision now.

@Metsfan7860 Congrats on Rice acceptance. Last year, the interview invite was through email on the next day of Rice result, and it was Saturday. Good luck!

@Metsfan7860
Congratulations!!!
All the very best.

@Metsfan7860 congrats on Rice UG - that is awesome…hope you get more good news!

Can folks who have been accepted into the FAU BS/MD program comment on whether it is a true BS/MD program. Their website says that all accepted students have to again apply to the FAU COM, undergo interviews etc, in addition to maintaining a min GPA and securing a min MCAT. Thanks

@dadofd Can you please PM me. I cannot seem to send you a PM. Thanks!

"The Baylor College of Medicine Admissions Committee has just completed a careful evaluation of your application for the Rice University/Baylor College of Medicine Medical Scholars Program.  We regret to inform you that you were not selected to interview for the program.

This year, 2,489 applicants to Rice University expressed interest in the Medical Scholars Program.  You were among the select group of 199 applicants admitted to Rice and given the opportunity to compete for the Rice University/ Baylor College of Medicine MSP.  Only 25 students advanced to the interview stage to contend for one of the 6 slots.  The Committee’s decision is not a negative reflection on your ability; rather, it is the result of a large number of outstanding candidates vying for a small number of spaces.

We hope you will take advantage of the opportunity to attend Rice University and benefit from the outstanding academic programs available there.  We appreciate the time and effort you put into your essays, and look forward to the possibility of receiving your application to The Baylor College of Medicine as you complete your undergraduate career."

Rejected from the med program lol. Just lucky to have been accepted to Rice, so I’m not upset

@dadofd @NoviceDad @Shine27 Thank you. It’s pretty scary that in about a week we will basically know all our decisions.

@Metsfan7860 tx for sharing your letter from Rice/Baylor…reminds me of how intensely competitive these programs truly are especially Rice/Baylor…congrats on getting Rice UG…and G:L next week to all of us!