***Official Thread for BSMD Applicants 2018***

@bsmder2k18 NJIT and interview is next week

@lolgucci @bsmder2k18
The NJMS interview is one-on-one with a medical school faculty (why med, why accelerated BS/MD program, etc) and also a guided tour with a current student. GL

@lolgucci thatā€™s great! I have mine from TCNJ next week as well

@biomeds thank you so much!

Rk2017
In regard to psu jeff
Iā€™m am former prog and it is true that psu is party school but
Now they are placed together in honor dorms( right or wrong)
And college is party opportunity so each person has to decide ON THEIR OWN
Whether to study or play, to drink or not, to doā€¦
This is what life isā€¦
We only hope the student make good choices

@biomeds thank you so much!
@bsmder2k18 best wishes!

does anybody know what the MCAT, GPA, and other requirements are or the Rice/ Baylor Medical Scholars program are?

@medskooloneday. I believe Rice/Baylor requires you to maintain a Science and overall GPA of 3.5 and an MCAT of 501. You can check their website to confirm it.

for Rice/Baylor you need MCAT equivalent to incoming class to Baylor and it can be higher than 515

@SV2018 The required MCAT is 510, not 513. It is published on the website. The interview shouldnā€™t be a major problem either as its likely just to see if we are ready for medical school.

It will be beneficial if any one of you could provide the link or copy where you have seen details related to MCAT for R/B scholars.

I did a quick check and see specific details related to GPA, courses, it is non-binding. But not about MCAT. All that it says is,ā€œYes, the MCAT will be required of Rice/Baylor Scholarsā€.

DD BSMD journey has ended and need to go traditional UG route in pre-med track. We are trying to find pre-med stats for USC, RICE, Duke and Washu (admitted & waitlisted/deferred colleges). We need to find information like their grading policy, pre-med weeding process, med school acceptance % (from these colleges). Are there any blogs/CC thread providing such information, if anyone knows, please post it. Thanks.

@bsmdint
Any self claimed med school application percent of success rate by a school should be discounted and be considered as advertising. Your school choice should be considered without premed in the equation as most of the premed drop out for one reason or the other. The major you choose and itā€™s future prospect from the college of your choice is more important.

Thanks @artloversplus

@bsmdint

1. See the threads in pre-med topics in CC
  2. Review in SDN
  3. Review various stats published by AMCAS.
  4. Individual college web sites (pre-med stats there are tweaked to their best)

What is the home state?

@bsmdint - I remember reading last year both Duke and WashU have grade deflation. My son only applied for Duke last year mainly to try for scholarship.

Thank you @GoldenRock and @srk2017. We are from CA.

Anyone know when Texas tech UMSI decision will come out? Thanks

I just spoke to Albany Med admissions office- Union/Albany LIM decisions will come out April 9th

@April2018 - UMSI decisions supposed to be released either last week of March or 1st week April

Did anyone hear back from University of Houston 3+4 year program?