***Official Thread for BSMD Applicants 2018***

@ThoughtWanderer Agree, it is a drawn out process but still overall it is clear what to expect.

1. Rice will not notify you regarding BS/MD interview. Will provide UG admission and will forward some xx (let us say 240) candidates to Baylor.
  2. Baylor, for sure notifies students whom they want to invite for interview.
  3. But the process for rejection is not clear.
    A. Either they can clearly decide only 25 will be called out (and send rejection for the remaining 215 at the same time or in batches over few days)
    B. They split in to 3 piles, invitation, straight rejection, hold pile. If the response for interview is less, they can invite from hold pool.
    We don’t know for sure what Baylor does. But mostly the option A. But that can be validated only if we know for sure 215 students got the rejection from Baylor.

Bottom line 2 things are clear.

1. Interview invite comes only from Baylor and that is all ever you will get to know after you apply BS/MD.
  2. You may get a rejection from Baylor when not invited for interview, not at the same time, at least over a period.
    (consolation, your app was short listed and forwarded to Baylor).

Not clear:
3. If and when a student will ever know if he is not going to be considered for BS/MD.
To me this stinks. Baylor or Rice owes a courtesy to inform when not forwarded to Baylor or Baylor decides not to invite.

@GoldenRock Alabama, yes and yes. Why no to FAU?

@GoldenRock I think ALL programs as a courtesy should inform students clearly whether they’re waitlisted or rejected. The students work really hard on these applications - they deserve an answer (even if it’s a no).

@moodybluepapaya Agree. In the current technology world, and that some programs charge fees (like Drexel or AMC) for the BS/MD supplemental application) it is not a rocket science to notify. It is sad.

There are another aspect which is a shame is trying to duplicate the whole package. NU HPME, UPitt and Uof Miami (no longer offer BS/MD), where you need to send again. UG office does not talk with BS/MD program office. Is it a joke?

Or provide some paid work to NU CS students to take up a project to implement the application. In that way they can get real hands on experience on a real project.

It is understandable, BS/MD program office can ask for supplemental docs but not the core app, transcripts, LOR etc.

I GOT INTO HOFSTRA BSMD!!!

@owcollegeappbsmd congratulations!!! you have find your destiny !!

@PPofEngrDr thanks!

got into hofstra bs/md ! does anyone know if there is a facebook group for admitted students?

GOT IN!!! Love you Hofstra:)

Congrats to all Hofstra BA MD admittees! @GreenPoison, @cashlover16, @owcollegeappbsmd

@GreenPoison @cashlover16 @owcollegeappbsmd Congrats guys! How were you notified of your acceptances?

@GreenPoison @cashlover16 @owcollegeappbsmd… Congrats …good to see some good news here. All the very best. Do post your reflections on the 2018 results thread.

@netopspin. I do not know first hand about premed biology program at USC. However there are several older threads about it at CC. You can search them. Reading these gives the impression that there is some concern about quality of this program.
Congratulations to everyone who got into Hofstra.

Will do @RedMan108 . @Dermerk phone call

@GreenPoison, @cashlover16, @owcollegeappbsmd

Congratulations on your Hofstra acceptance!

Congrats!!! The program is solid there. @GreenPoison @cashlover16 @owcollegeappbsmd

@RedMan108 phone call and left a voicemail

Any information from Drexel BS/MD program?

I called drexel and they said decisions would be released on the portal by the end of Friday or by Monday. They don’t know for sure when yet

Anybody knows how many spots they have for FAU BS/MD Pipeline Programs?. I have my interview coming up in April.