***Official Thread for BSMD Applicants 2018***

@rc2017 I need your help How to contact you.

@NoviceDad does this mean PLME results are out now? We have not heard anything …

@bsmdhopefully you need to check Brown Portal. You will not get an email.

Hello, Is UIC GPPA for Illinois Residents only?

@PPofEngrDr,

Good to know about generous award from UMich! As far as GaTech is considered, I remember them saying in some local admissions sessions couple of years ago, that there are some 40 presidential scholars awards each year and I don’t think OOS status matters in those awards. No doubt competition will be intense, but if awarded it covers the entire tuition and is renewable energy year as long as certain academic criteria being met. GL with everything.

Anyone hear from Sophie Davis bsmd yet?

@RedMan108 yes UIC GPPA is for Illinois Residents

@Dermerk I got into Stony Brook Scholars for med as well. Are you in state?

can anyone help me how to send personal message please

Darn, I meant renewable every year, not energy year :)) regarding GaTech :bz . Guess the auto correct picked it automatically.

@Greatman123,

Think @GoldenRock explained it well a few posts back, look for it, if any problem I will try to help

@bsmdhopefully
Yes, PLME results came out yesterday at 7 pm EST

@bsmdream,

I would like to add some more thoughts regarding UMKC vs BU front. While no doubt BU has an eminent medical institute of international reputation (check qs world and times higher ratings), especially for cutting edge research, one will almost certainly not get any financial package for undergrad. The med portion is one of the most expensive ones too.

I believe umkc has different tiers of fee structures such as instate, regional and out of state. So you may qualify for a better deal considering overall cost. But I feel a straight program for 6 years without breaks as a potential for burn down which you may want to think about. Other than that the residency placements across these two should not matter much as long as you are a good dedicated learner.

Does anyone know when the Drexel BSMD Early Assurance decisions will be out???

@rk2017 for parents that is also needed… :)) :))

Anybody get into Duke who applied? I was waitlisted

@GreenPoison wow!!! I was accepted to the program, so now I feel even more honored. Where did your counselor get this info?

ACCEPTED AT HOFSTRA!!! Life is great :slight_smile:

Echoing what @SeamusBSMD said earlier: if you have ruled out a program already please let them know so folks like us can get off their wait lists!