***Official Thread for BSMD Applicants 2018***

@bsmdmom, Also when you mentioned UPenn, does she know what major yet? There are some programs which give exposure to multiple fields of study, with business being the common factor. That way the student has more exposure and something else to fall back on if things don’t work out as expected.

Somehow got posted twice, deleting the text

@rk2017 she applied to Biology major and LSM but did not get into LSM.

@threeslykids32 If one gets a C or D in intro classes ( i.e. Into to Bio, Intro to Gen Chem, Intro to Organic Chem, Into to Phys), they do not deserve to be in Medical School. Frankly, I would want to be treated by such an individual.

NJMS gang!!! That call nearly gave me a heart attack (in a good way)!!

@@bsmdmom My 2 cents, UPenn is an excellent choice if the finances are no issue. Most posts here will advise you to take the bsmd “RPI/AMC”, a very safe choice. On the contrary, if you DC has confidence in her abilities, the traditional route to medical school should be an option to consider. Don’t let fear mongering influence your decision. BTW, UPenn medical school is very highly ranked.

@GreenPoison Congratulations! When did you get the call? And from which feeder school?

@GreenPoison Congrats! what time did you get the call?

Just right now

Perhaps NJMS will be calling throughout the day…

@bsmdmom,

Then you need to evaluate what options and prospects for a UPenn biology major in the worst case scenario. I know UPenn has great med school, but most UPenn students don’t make it to there.

just got a call from njit/njms, accepted! still waiting for tcnj

in the past years, njit usually comes out first and then tcnj the next day and rutgers after that. I’m not too sure about the other feeder schools though.

Accepted into NJIT/NJMS.

Which is better California NorthState BSMD 4+4 or BS-DO?

@sophie10000 Which BS-DO. There are many posts related to CNU and DO in the ‘Pre-Med Topics’. Please take time to review all of it. There are so much discussion on both hot items. Though students may be good at CNU, there is so much critical views on CNU management and strong views.

Lecom

@bsmdmom

I think if your D is not certain if she wants medicine then Upenn is great for her. Whatever her major is, Upenn has a better name than RPI UG. However, if she already decided on medicine, then I suggest she should go to a BSMD program. Going to Upenn UG obviously she will have a better chance to crack at Upenn med school, but do not count on it, they will cherry pick the top premed students.

Anyhow, congratulations to you and your D for the excellent choices, best of luck

Holy hell I just got the call from NJIT that I was accepted into the BS/MD program. I had pretty much made my peace with the fact that I wasn’t getting in, since the interview was pretty rocky. I stopped checking this thread, looked at other colleges, etc. I expected the call to be a notification of rejection, especially since the caller was very, VERY measured in his tone when he first picked up the phone :slight_smile: