***Official Thread for BSMD Applicants 2018***

[QUOTE=""]
According to who? Usnews? Whose rankings methodologies are controversial and criticized even by institutions highly rated by them?

[/QUOTE]

Thought this was a good article which I read a while ago and sharing now.
https://admissions.yale.edu/beyond-college-rankings

@collegebound4884 I got mine at around 12:30!

Got into tcnj/njms
Finally after so many rejections
Unbelievable and unpredictable
Thank you everyone!

@rdk2018 Hey, when did you get the email?

At 137

My son also got acceptance email at 1.44PM from for TCNJ/NJMSā€¦ this was his last chance after getting rejected from everywhere else.

Is there a Facebook group for TCNJ/NJMS yet?

Got TCNJ

Hard part now is deciding NJIT or TCNJ!!!

When did you get your email?

Hi all, congrats on your selections to BS/MD programs. Can you please help us in narrowing down the selection?

• penn state / Jeff PMM , no aid or scholarship
  • OU , national merit finalist package
  • union / Albany , Half tution covered from union . Still waiting on decision though.

Thank you alll so much .

@BSMDAD @NoviceDad I am someone who recently went through the match process so I feel like I have some level of knowledge on this topic. Again, itā€™s definitely more than possible to obtain top residencies from a mid-tier/lower tier school, but I guarantee you that the difference in the match lists between a school like NW and mid-tier/low-tier schools does not simply boil down to step scores. If you choose not to believe me thatā€™s fine, but Iā€™m trying to bring some data to the table as someone who recently went through the process as opposed to anecdotes about a few people who might have beaten the odds.

It does not offer instate tuition to OOS BSMD students unfortunately. I guess it is going to be pretty expensive!

@CStudent13
Exactly 1:00

After much consideration, I have decided to enroll in HPME rather than PLME. We already put down the deposit. We got good financial aid from NW, Thank you everyone!

Didnā€™t get a call from NJIT yesterday and havenā€™t received an email from TCNJ yetā€¦ Safe to say Iā€™ve been rejected? Iā€™m sad to say this was my last shot.

@dblazer Can you comment on Florida Atlantic Universityā€™s medical school? Thank you!!

Applied only thru TCNJ and still hopingā€¦ I thought the interview went really well. Not sure if TCNJ is done sending all emailsā€¦

Did anyone get a rejection email from TCNJ?

@campan1 yeah in the same boat as you rn

Iā€™m actually rather confused. I hope someone can clear it up. I applied through NJIT and TCNJ. After my interview with NJIT, they forwarded my application to NJMS and I had an interview there. However, after my interview with TCNJ, I got no word back from them at all. Not about whether they forwarded my app or not. I havenā€™t even heard back from them about the status of my undergraduate only application. Has anyone experienced anything similar? Thanks in advance for any answers!