***Official Thread for BSMD Applicants 2018***

TCNJ did the same thing to me. @PreMeds

I emailed them after my interview with their undergraduate, and they confirmed that they had forwarded me to NJMS also. Then, at my NJMS interview, I told my interviewer how I would love to attend either of the two undergrads.

Is it like, only those who were accepted thru NJIT and other feeders schools got an email from TCNJ today?

@bluemonkey66, Canā€™t find the FB group"Drexel BS/MD Class of 2022/2026" I got in and wanted to join the group

@Roentgen - May I request you to PM me. For some reason, CC is not letting me PM you.

@campan1 I also got in to Drexel BS/MD. I was hoping to receive USPS mail today, but didnā€™t get it. Did you receive the USPS mail?

@rk2017 US News does not show South Brunswick high school as a Nationally Ranked in NJ. It is in Middlesex County. There are several great nationally ranked schools in NJ.

@sunflower2000 Not yet. When I called they said I would get it by Friday

Has anyone got into tcnj/njms since 2 a clock?

@grtd2010

The US News High School Rankings are a meme. Looking at the calculations, they first look at performance on ā€œstate proficiencyā€ tests. Frankly, thatā€™s a 100% BS.

Especially coming from a state like NJ, Iā€™ll tell you first hand, that the PARCC is an absolute joke, and the old HSPAā€™S were an even bigger joke. No one tries on any sort of these tests, since they have no effect whatsoever on the individual student.

Furthermore, pretty much the general consensus of most students in NJ is that JPS (fairly well-known around the nation) is definitely a top 3 school. The fact that they are barely slotted in the top 30, shows the inherent flaws of this ranking methodology.

I have multiple friends who go to SB and they said at least 10 people this year got into BS/MD programs. It most assuredly is a competitive school, which program directors probably know a lot about. Take for example, the Drexel interview day for NJ. More than a quarter of the students were from South Brunswick.

Did anyone who got an interview for CW PPSP get a letter in the mail addressed to their parents saying you would hear from a bunch of people soon?

@GreenPoison I am well aware of JP Stevens in Edison, NJ. But surprised to not find SB. My DDā€™s school is in top 25.

@CamPan1 @GreenPoison

I had a similar weird experience. I applied through only TCNJ and NJIT, and had my application forwarded through both. However, I received an interview date through NJIT, not through TCNJ.

The day before the NJMS interview, I actually got a REJECTION from TCNJ - saying that my application was NOT forwarded to NJMS. This was weird considering that I had a great undergrad interview, and the interviewer assured me she was sending it, would confirm that they had received it, etc.

I didnā€™t talk about my undergrad that much at NJMS although the interviewer did bring up NJIT once (and only NJIT).

I thought that NJMS had picked NJIT as my undergrad and TCNJ was out of the running. But now I got emails from both, and the NJIT rep I spoke to on the phone said that I still could attend through TCNJ. ???

I did receive my undergrad stuff from TCNJ last week.

When was your NJMS interview?

@GoldenRock @NoviceDad @Mimic17 @rk2017 @srk2017 @threeslykids32 Thank you very much for all your advice. I did reach out and Skype with a couple of current WashU USP students. They were very encouraging about the program, but did mention that the reason they donā€™t mind and even like the high GPA and MCAT requirements is because it makes them eligible for virtually any medical school in the country. The programā€™s adviser apparently encourages applying to other medical schools as well to help students find their best ā€œfit.ā€ This seems a bit strange to me because WashU med school is already ranked very high, yet USP students are not necessarily planning to go there. Either way, a full AMCAS application and successful interview is needed to matriculate from USP.

The students I talked to were not that concerned about maintaining 3.8 requirement at WashU. Can anyone else vouch for this? WashU does have a reputation of being a hard grader.

Thanks @camPan1 Best wishes with your NJMS

@CamPan1 @CStudent13 @mouse2 @GreenPoison
My TCNJ experience was also a little weird in that I never heard back from them after my interview. My interviewer said she would send my application to NJMS, and when I went to NJMS my interviewer asked if I was from TCNJ, and I told him I was from both TCNJ and Rutgers since I applied through both. Iā€™m not sure if all the TCNJ acceptances have been sent out or not.

Thanks sunflower2000. Good luck with your NJMS too!

Is UPenn known for grade deflation or inflation? Being

Is UPenn known for grade deflation or inflation? Being

So this is kinda odd, but I got an invitation for an interview at Rowan, but I also got an email saying I was rejected from their program a few months back. What is the truth lol
Iā€™m hoping itā€™s true and Iā€™ll have to start preparing. Does anyone have tips? This is my first and only interview