***Official Thread for BSMD Applicants 2018***

@NoviceDad,

Deleting duplicate post … see below

@NoviceDad,

Went through your post on the results thread. Very well written with good observations and advice towards the end =D> :-bd.
Hope others will follow your example and share their experiences and wisdom for the benefit of future batches.

@rk2017
Thank you for your kind words.

@StarShip
Couldn’t DM you.
Question- has your daughter found a roommate?
My daughter is searching for one.

@NoviceDad,

I am sure you know, but let me say anyway, you can let the college choose the roommate for you too. They will give a questionnaire enquiring about various habits, interests, preferences etc and will try to match up with suitable roommate(s), perhaps by a computer program.

D actually chose to do so, she felt it would be too boring to see the same person(s) you go to all the classes with and wanted to get a varied exposure. She chose the random roommate option (above), though she could find someone from her small group during the open house and orientation, and got a business major international undergrad student as roommate. For the upcoming year, she will be moving into a different location with another business major.

For anyone who has committed to the Wilkes Medical Scholars program, please join the facebook group called FAU Wilkes Medical Scholars.

For anyone looking for info on Rice/Baylor, I just got in! I’d be happy to let you know my stats if you’d like, and once I actually start the program, I’ll be able to talk about it and its benefits more.

Congrats @ilylily112 Good Luck. Did you get into any other programs also ? Thanks.

@ilylily112 Congratulations. R/B is an outstanding top tier program. Looks like you were in wait list and got in y’day.

Please put your stats and perspective in the following thread.

http://talk.qa.collegeconfidential.com/multiple-degree-programs/2057178-official-thread-bs-md-results-for-class-of-2018.html#latest

@BS_MD2017 It’s the only program I got into, though I applied to only three (PLME, WashU Med Scholars).

@GoldenRock I’ll post them in a few minutes, thanks for the link!

@NoviceDad @StarShip welcome onboard for NU.

I just got a 33 on my act and I was wondering if its too low for any of these programs, including top tier progams like boston and pitt GAP? I checked the average act and sat scores for a lot of these programs and it seems like 33 is their minimum. Does anyone have any intel on this? I really would like to know in case I have to retake the act. My sat score is a 1470 and I just kind of gave up on that lmao but yeah thanks !!

@remroll,

Depends on factors such as student’s ethnicity and the strength of rest of the background (academic and ECs).
If you don’t have major advantages on those two fronts, then you should target higher, for any of these programs, as a matter of fact.
And those belonging to over represented minority racial origin (read as asian), you should shoot for a 35 or 36 (not to scare anyone but presenting the state of affairs in this space).

@remroll, I agree withrk2017… I think 34 is the magic number but most BSMD candidates have a near perfect ACT/SAT score. DS have multiple Asian (Chinese) male friends who scored perfect ACT / near perfect SAT rejected to all IVYs.

@PPofEngrDr
Thank you
Yes, welcome aboard to you and @Starship
Chicago calling!

@remroll
For Pitt GAP, you need perfect ACT or SAT score to be called for an interview.

According to someone on this forum, BU had 1000 applications with perfect scores.

@ElixirOfLife
Congrats on child going to TCNJ/NJMS
I know many who has done this and are very happy

I’m sure this is somewhere in this thread but I don’t want to scroll thru 248 pages…
So - is anyone aware of the number of apps HPME gets, the number of people they interview, and the number of people they accept (from MSAR if possible please). I’ve only been able to these stats from circa 2011, so I was hoping someone could give some more recent #'s.
Thank you!

Hi Everyone - Getting into any program is an achievement and R/B is one the best ones given the UG school, medical School and Costs. However, as I indicated last year on one of my posts their admission system is tricky as they only seem to predominantly pick kids who are not accepted to any programs (is that not strange…or a coincidence)… look at their interview dates timing, questions during the interview, and folks are accepted into the program… something to look at and think about when applying to the school. In fact they indicate that if you are WL you have to accept to RICE UG to be considered when a spot frees up…

@rk2017
Thank you for the suggestion.
I think that remains an option.
I think my daughter has been asking HPME students (since they can do different majors), so I thought I will ask.
I guess the kids figure this out.