***Official Thread for BSMD Applicants 2018***

Also, later down the road, final acceptances into the Union/AMC program will also be rolling. It is a mildly complicated process (all acceptances are not released at once) which will be explained at the interview stage. Basically, there are a few strong students who are accepted before all candidates are even interviewed, and there is another round of acceptances once all candidates have interviewed. @ppst @TulipBox @Empire007

Yes the ā€œstill under considerationā€ status

Any updates on PSU? Did any oneā€™s status On PSU portal changed indicating ā€œā€¦ forwarding the app to Jeffersonā€? The last 2 or 3 years it was around this time that we saw notifications coming through for an interview

@Empire007 @GoldenRock Thanks to the both of you for the list!

@Empire007 @GoldenRock Thanks to the both of you for the list!

Has anyone heard back from Rutgers or RPI or Drexel for interviews?

[QUOTE=""]

There were no suggestions made to impress the interviewer with spontaneity, fluency or eye contact, all that was said was go in and be professional (ie in the applicants behavior and attitude). And the comparison to ā€¦

[/QUOTE]

The Empire strikes back ā€¦ Ha, ha!! :)) I was referring to the general suggestions given by folks when they hear someone getting interview, mostly with good intentions but does resulting in unnecessary load on the kids and the parentsā€™ minds consciously and sub consciously. Interview is just one piece of this multi piece puzzle, the outcomes of which no one knows and understands completely. Best thing to do is to treat it as such (refer to the results links I suggested by earlier applicants). Trying to hint glorification of one aspect is definitely counter productive and thatā€™s what I was trying to get to. No offence intended.

New to this tread.
My DD

Sorry typo
My DD received union supplement last Thursday and admission for undergrad today

When is her deadline to submit AMC supplement @ven2020?

Congrats to D @ven2020!!

Thank you

November 7th

Sorry
December 7th

So they give exactly 7 days to turn in AMC supplement. Thank you for confirming that fact! @ven2020

Does anyone know how the SLU Medical Scholars program works? I was told to apply for undergraduate admissions and that theyā€™d notify me about the program, and I did apply and got into the undergraduate school, but I havenā€™t heard about the scholars program.

SLU Med was due Dec. 1; it would be on your slu portal to apply for medical scholars and scholarships @dangkat5

@ppst I applied in mid/early November and got in via phone call, but I never received information about a portal. Oh well. Iā€™ve applied to several other programs, and this one wasnā€™t a guaranteed admissions one anyway.

Thanks!

Please chance me! Iā€™ve applied to Northwestern HPME, Brown PLME, UPittsburgh GAP, Baylor2Baylor, Rochester REMS and Boston SMED, and Iā€™m wondering about my chances. (Asian M)

GPA: 3.98 (UW); 4.88 (W)
Class Rank: 21/624

SAT: 1600/24

SAT Subject Tests:
World History: 800
Biology: 800
Chemistry: 800
Math 2: 800

APā€™s at time of application (15 so far, 5 on all):
Biology
Calculus BC
Chemistry
Chinese Language and Composition
Computer Science A
Computer Science Principles
English Language and Composition
European History
Human Geography
Macroeconomics
Physics 1
Psychology
United States Government
United States History
World History

Senior APā€™s (4 in senior year):
Physics 2
Art History
English Literature and Composition
Environmental Science

Major ECs:

• Research Intern
  • HOSA - Team Captain (State Biomedical Debate Champion)
  • Speech/Debate - President (State Finalist, Informative Speaking)
  • Student Council - Class President
  • History Honor Society - President (WorldQuest Regional Champion)
  • Theatre (District Runner-Up)
  • Table Tennis

Community Service:

• Youth Outreach Director, state legislatorā€™s campaign
  • Activities Coordinator, local senior living facility

Medically related activities:

• 3 years of biomedical research at local medical school, published paper
  • Volunteered at VA hospital
  • Shadowed primary care physician, neurologist

Academic Awards

• National Merit Semifinalist
  • National AP Scholar

@Indivisible - No one can predict top BS/MD programs. Last year my S (Asian M from CA) applied to all those programs (except Baylor) and ended up getting 2 interviews only (BU SMED and AMC/RPI) and got accepted both. He decided to not take either.

His stats are similar to you and he has state and national medals/honors except he didnā€™t have any publications. What state are you from? That seems to have an impact. GL!.