***Official Thread for BSMD Applicants 2018***

Thank you @Empire007

Has anyone received a call from BU’s SMED bs/md program regarding an interview?

My Drexel portal currently says: “Thank you for your application. Your file is currently complete and under review. A decision has not yet been made on your application to Drexel University.

Your application for the BA/BS + MD (Medicine) program is currently in review.”

Does this mean my app still has not been forwarded to the Drexel College of Medicine? Or does “currently in review” mean that the College of Medicine has received it?

@bayreppin00 The College of Medicine does not receive your app until you get accepted to the University first. They will let you know once it’s forwarded

Yes, it’s still in review for now, but remember, things could be delayed by holidays I think as soon as you get your admission decision is when you would see the forwarding update @bayreppin00

Does anyone have any helpful tips for the initial Drew interview? It’s with the admissions committee at Drew, not NJMS. I believe they have a two step interview process.

@bsmd2485 They will contact us late January/Early February regarding interviews, I believe

@srk2017 I have only 1 year of research, but my actual medical-related work is very strong. My other stats are stellar besides the chem sat 2. I just had no time to prepare for it

@bsmd2485 last year we received an interview from them in January.

@kkfields Do you by any chance know around how many people get selected for interviews at BU smed?

Has anyone got an update from Penn State?
My portal still says the application is complete and under review

I got notified for a finalist interview for Penn State on the 14th.

@soggysalad, Are you instate or oos?

@rbmed18 I’m out of state.

Congrats @soggysalad

thanks! @rbmed18

Congrats, @soggysalad! Was notification via portal?

@bsmd2485, 81 out of ~1000 applicant pool.

@ppst Thanks! And my notification was by email

Has everyone gotten reply from Penn State?