***Official Thread for BSMD Applicants 2018***

@TheElusiveGod You got an interview invite?

To anyone applying to the Rutgers BA/MD program, I received an invite to a phone interview today. So check your emails!

@Ronypony I got accepted to Union on the 11th and received AMC supplement on the 20th.

@Rghanem No, I received the AMC supplement application. Interview invites donā€™t come for a while.

I received the phone interview email as well. is this just a pre-screening interview, before in person interview with with NJMS med school. Anyone know the entire selection process?

@Rghanem and @appstatus : Rutgers - NJMS phone interview email is from Rutgers or from NJMS. Basically who is calling for interview Rutgers or NJMS?

@GreenPoison : If you got both Union and RPI supplements to AMC ā€¦how do you justify / write supplement essays supporting Leadership and Research separate to same AMC. Wondering how does AMC look in to two applications.

Wanted to update that I have received Union supplement.
Still waiting on RPI supplement

What does it mean if I didnā€™t receive an email from RPI, but still havenā€™t gotten the supplement?

Note that some programs make 1 time determination and communicate on the same day for all students and some programs are rolling basis and keep communicating on multiple days over a period of time. This is true for both interview notification and final acceptance notification.

By human nature we get restless when some one gets notification in the rolling process. So just hang in and hope for the rest. Especially it is true for the RPI/Union/Siena - AMC, which is a very long drawn out process. The date of your application submission to the feeder college is not relevant since processing is not based on the date. Same thing with NJMS and its many feeder colleges.

Hofstra supplements have started coming out!

I received an invitation to apply to the Pitt GAP program. Out of curiosity, how many students receive the invitation and how many apply?

@DaveNBuster Last year, 455 were invited to apply, 334 applied, 39 were invited to interview and 9 were admitted. This is coming from https://oafa.pitt.edu/explore/guaranteed-admissions-programs/medicine-gap/

Has anyone else received their RPI supplement?

@2018bsmd

So essentially, for both Union and AMC, there are two unique questions, and two similar questions.

For the latter two, I just plan on using the same answers. Both are literally the same, word for word.

For the first two, I plan on writing unique responses to each.

Hope this helps

Iā€™ve seen a lot of inquiry about the supplements for when you receive supplements to both RPI and Union/AMC. I have friends who applied to both, and who attend both programs, and they wrote two unique responses When you go in for the interview they ask you which program you prefer. I only applied to and was accepted into union, but one of my friends whose at Union interviewed for both and said he told them he preferred RPI and he only got accepted to Union. Also donā€™t be surprised if the interview invites come quickly after you submit the supplemental application, my invite came 5 days after I submitted the supplement. Also just some advice if you do get an interview invite to Union, try to select a Friday because then you go to Union after your interview. Itā€™s a lot more relaxed and you can even change out of your interview clothes before coming to Union. Good luck to all!

are there still people who havenā€™t received the RPI supplement and havenā€™t received the rejection email? Iā€™m starting to get worried

i havenā€™t received the supplement nor the rejection email

@marylaf98 ,My DD is also in the same boat as you. She has not received rejection nor Supplement

Yes, same with my kid, but based on discussion here, no need to panic, as they release notices in batchesā€¦