***Official Thread for BSMD Applicants 2018***

Congrats @GreenPoison for receiving supplement request from AMC. When initially applying for RPI Physician Scientist program, there was a supplement essay submitted through Common App on ‘State your reasons for aspiring to a career in medicine’. Just curious, are you referring to a different supplement essay directly from AMC now (?) for the combined RPI-AMC program?

did anyone apply to the siena-amc program? does siena not have an application portal to check the status of the application?

Yes @biomeds . In the supplement sent by AMC, there are three additional essay questions and a short response question entirely separate from the original RPI Common Application.

Apparently, siena will let you know ug admission status and AMC program supplementation mid Feb per admissions counselor and yes, no portal:(. @bluemonkey66

@marylaf98 @bluemonkey66 @rbmed18 @techhv I have also received neither a rejection letter nor a supplement to RPI/AMC.

RPI/ AMC and Union/ AMC have rolling admission. So, you can receive supplements/ interview invites and acceptances in waves till April next year.

My D who applied and was invited to both programs was also asked which one she preferred at the interview (2016 cycle). She said RPI, but she received acceptances to both RPI/ Physician Scientist (in Feb- 2016) and Union LIM (in April 2016).

Goodluck everyone as you await to receive the fruits of your labor.

Has anyone gotten an invite for the University of Cincinnati Connections BSMD program? I got mine two days ago.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! Good luck to everyone applying to BSMDs!

@JayShayy i got the reject notification :frowning:

@bluemonkey66 Sorry to hear that. I hope you are accepted at other programs!

@JayShayy aww thank you!!

@JayShayy I wasn’t selected for an interview.

If you don’t mind me asking, what part of the country are you from? I heard Cincinnati DAP prefers kids from the Ohio/close to Ohio area. Congrats nonetheless! :slight_smile:

@FinesseKing Thank you! I am from California.

Does anyone know when programs such as BU, Temple, Drexel, UAB, and VCU are going to send their interview requests?

@JayShayy I’m applying to some and wondering the same thing.
Do you mind posting some of your stats?

This is Drexel’s Timeline:

November 1 – All application materials and College of Medicine Supplemental Application must be received. Refer to Required Materials list below.
December – The Drexel University College of Medicine will review qualified applications.
January – The College of Medicine will email eligible applicants to pay the processing fee.
Late January – Applicants will be notified by email regarding whether or not they will be invited for an interview.
February - March – Invitation-only interviews will be held on the Queen Lane Campus. On-site interviews are an excellent way for applicants to see the Medical School campus and meet our faculty and staff. Therefore, we require all interviews to be in person. Skype or phone interviews are not permitted.
Late March – The College of Medicine will notify applicants of their BA/BS/MD decision by mail. (Date subject to change.)
May 1 – Enrollment Form and tuition deposits due

I believe VCU notifies in January as well?

The selection committee meets in the third week of January to review complete applications; all applicants are notified later that month by email whether they’ve been invited for interviews. Interviews are conducted in January, February and March at both the VCU Health campus and the Monroe Park campus. Because of the limited number of guaranteed positions, not all applicants are interviewed, even though they may be highly qualified.

@GreenPoison @TheElusiveGod
hey just wondering how you approached the union essay where it asks to describe yourself.
seems kinda vague, did you incorporate a life experience to construct a picture of yourself, simply describe yourself, have a specific focus/style of writing etc?
Thanks

@2018bsmd @appstatus Im pretty sure its Rutgers. The person who contacted me is from Rutgers so I would assume thats its just the prescreening.

AMC Supplement is down for me.

I received the email on the 20th, and got the due date of 12/27 at 11:59 PM.

Oddly enough, I checked this morning, and it was perfectly fine.

Now, I can’t seem to login with either my RPI or Union account.

I am currently rapidly calling and emailing their admissions office.