***Official Thread for BSMD Applicants 2018***

Has NJMS started calling for interview?This is for the second[med school]

For Drexel, has anyone also applied for the honors program?

Does anyone have the tips for this BS/MD program interview?

Has Penn Statā€™s thing come out yet? On my application portal, it says that ā€œmy application will be forwarded to Sidney kimmel medical College for interviews, and they will contact you.ā€

But then later it says that if Iā€™m not accepted into the program that Iā€™ll still be considered for admissions into the regular undergraduate school.

Does this mean I got an interview? Or is it a blanket statement to all applicants, and only the actual interview invite is the ticket?

@Katyperry145 - looks like penn has passed you to the MD committee for evaluation for the interview. Seems a step closerā€¦ ours still reads that app is being reviewed and will know in 6 weeksā€¦

Some one please clarify, does submitting Drexel Honors program is a must for BS MD application. Drexel honors application deadline is just couple a days away.

I donā€™t think it is; itā€™s for Pennoni, right? I think it helps for prestige and scholarship funds though. Please correct if Iā€™m misinformed here.

Question: Do interview notification dates for some of the programs seem a wee bit later than seen in previous years?

@2018bsmd ā€¦ sorry, I had the same question. We plan to apply to the honorsā€¦ will get to it this weekendā€¦

Does somebody have any numbers on attrition rate due to students not meeting the GPA requirements for the med school matriculation in different combined med programs?
HPME
U PITT
U Houston
Boston University
University of Rochester REMS program
Case Western PPSP

Called BU, was informed that interview calls will go out in coming weeks

The candidates for Penn State PMM should be invited. My son had the invitation in December 10. His interview date is Feb. 14.

@3lovingmom I am currently in UIC GPPA and they gave out over 100 interviews and accepted 55 students. Hope that helps!

@chocolatina1001 Thank you so much!

I see REMS has posted interview date March 1-3 2018. From reading their post it looks like the interview candidates have already been notified. Has anybody received interview invitations for REMS?

@2018bsmd, when in doubt, why donā€™t you call the school directly to enquire? If you are too busy let your parents do it for you. From my experience the admissions folks anywhere are pretty approachable and helpful. If they donā€™t have an answer right away they will direct you to the right channel.
Since you said the application deadline for the honors program is very soon, I would recommend to have most of the stuff ready and in place this weekend, just in case you find out you are required to.

has anyone heard back from REMS this year?

@2018-AL congrats! We called Penn State yesterday and they informed that invites will be sent starting next week. Not sure if they gave us wrong info.

Doesnā€™t seem wrong, they have to perhaps review around a thousand applications, consider various factors and send out the invites, perhaps in batches. Obviously takes time, more so during holidays season when people are on vacations.

I heard that Penn State will invite 100 for interview and accept 50.