***Official Thread for BSMD Applicants 2018***

I am in a atypical situation with AMC. Applied to Union/AMC and RPI/AMC. First got supplemental invitation From AMC/Union and submitted the same. Next got suplemental invitation from RPI/AMC after a week. I submitted RPI/AMC as well. And in a day after my submission to AMC/RPI, got rejection email for AMC/Union. Now is my AMC/RPI still pending? Does this means I have a chance for interview consideration to RPI/AMC or not, because I got rejected for AMC/Union.

@2018bsmd as of now, you still have a chance for interview consideration at RPI/AMC. Being rejected from Union/AMC should have no bearing on your status with RPI/AMC. Moreover, your situation is not really atypical. Many students apply to both programs thinking that improves their chances of admission. But Union/AMC and RPI/AMC look for two different kind of students. You may fit RPI but not Union.

@2018bsmd when did you submit your AMC/Union? and when did you get the rejection?

Received email update from Temple PSPP
They received over 300 applications and are starting to process them. If selected for interview the date is Feb 16.

Have Boston BA/MD interview on Friday 01/19. Got call from BU SMED on 12/19

1 Like

AMC/Union : Submitted - 12/10, Rejected 12/27

@Empire007 - Thanks for the reply. Some where I read as - if a Medical School rejects a candidate, all applications sent via different feeder schools are also rejected. Don’t remember where and when i read that though.
So you think I have chance for interview invitation for RPI/AMC?

@bsmd1826 - good luck for Boston BA/MD interview…Is it updated on BU Application status? or is communicated just over phone?

@2018bsmd Thank you. There is no update on the BU app status. Communicated by phone followed up by email invitation couple of days later.

@2018bsmd If you look in previous years results threads there are a couple of people who were accepted to RPI/AMC who did not receive an interview for Union. If memory serves me correct (which I must admit as time passes, some of the details are fading), I remember speaking to a parent when my DC had the interview at AMC who said they were not given and interview for RPI, but did receive one from Union. So to answer your question, yes unless you hear otherwise, I believe you still have in chance at an interview for RPI/AMC.

DD was notified today that her Drexel BA/MD application was selected to be forwarded to their College of Medicine. Status was updated on the Drexel Applicant portal. Required to pay $100.00 application fee. Now she has to wait to hear about a possible interview.

@ivyhunter where on the portal was it? on the drexel site it says that the college of medicine does not contact through the portal - only via email
it also specified:
“January – The College of Medicine will email eligible applicants to pay the processing fee.”

did you get an email?

My mistake: DD did receive an email that eventually opened a web page. Excerpt from the email follows:

Subject: College of Medicine BS/MS update

Body: Thank you for your interest in Drexel University College of Medicine. We have received your Special Program supplemental application. As you know, a $100.00 nonrefundable activation and processing fee is required by the College of Medicine to complete your application to the joint program.

To pay online, please visit Discover Drexel at http://discover.drexel.edu using your email address and account password.

Once I clicked on the provided link (http://discover.drexel.edu), a web page opened where I had to select the payment link and pay $100.00

oh okay that makes sense.

did anyone not get an email from drexel? or does drexel send it out in waves?

@ivyhunter , congrats to the next steps… @bluemonkey66, my son didn’t get an email from Drexel today.

@ivyhunter , how long did it take to get this email after the Drexel portal was updated to " forwarding to school of medicine…"?

We did not get an email yet from Drexel either. However in Admission Status the update says, “Your application for the BA/BS + MD (Medicine) program has been forwarded to the Drexel University College of Medicine for review.”

Same with our DD’s Drexel application status, we were not asked to pay the fee yet…

I do not recall how long it took get this email after the Drexel portal was updated to " forwarding to school of medicine…"?. My DD submitted the application to Drexel BA/MD program in mid Oct 2017. She received the aforementioned email to send $100.00 today.

We received the email too for paying 100$. Dd just applied to drexel/drexel not other feeder schools, maybe that is why heard earlier than others.

Hey I have a super random question abt bs md but how many rec letters do they ask u for? also are they supposed to be from different subjects like science and english if so which one is preferred? Thanks guys!!