***Official Thread for BSMD Applicants 2018***

DD got an interview invite from BU today for Feb 2nd.

:-c Good luck to you and everyone here!

that was directed to @decretedreams by the way on his/her first post :slight_smile:

can I get a good luck to me for my second post on here? lol

Anyone hear back from penn state? When can we expect to hear back?

Also which other programs are set to come out soon

@techhv Congrats !! BU gave the interview date of Feb 4th? or gave options for few dates?

@techhv - I mean Feb 2nd. in my post above

i didnā€™t get a fee email for drexel, but it says that my app was forwarded

would penn state notify by email or portal?

@ScholarGuy, why not, good luck to you too!

@BSMD3170 someone before said that they called PSU and were told interview requests would start going out this week. I donā€™t know the validity of this though.

congrats!!! @decretedreams @techhv

Who has heard from Drexel, Pitt or Penn State?

@GibbsFreeEnegry Pitt is the second week of February

Your completed application will be reviewed and you will be notified by the 2nd week of February if you have been invited to interview. A hard copy of the invitation letter will follow the email notification. This letter will contain all the information that you will need in order to organize your visit to the School of Medicine for your interview. Interviews will be scheduled for the early part of March.

I havenā€™t heard back anything from Pitt since I applied. ShouldI have received an initial notification from the GAP that they received my app?

@2018bsmd, They gave 22nd, 25th as other optionsā€¦

@ppst and @appstatus Thank you! Congratulations to everyone selected for an interview! For those of you who werenā€™t selected, keep your head up. Bigger and better things await you. My first two notifications were rejections from Cincinnati and UAB, but you gotta keep pushing through and continuing to believe in yourself. We will all succeed one way or another; Iā€™m sure of it!

Sorry for that, I just felt it needed to be said.

Anyway, hereā€™s a brief rundown of my stats:

4.8, Val, 1540, 34, NMSF, Harvard Club of Nevada, AP Scholar w Distinction, 740 hours hospital and hospice volunteering, 175 hours internal medicine and oncologist shadowing, 75 hours brain cancer research, CPR/AED certified, undergoing EMT training, and Barbara James Service Award in Medicine

To everyone else selected, would you please share your stats for future generations to see? Thanks!!

@lebron236 it says the status on the portal i think

Has anyone applied to BU Accelerated Dental Program?