***Official Thread for BSMD Applicants 2018***

@8thgradekid, the programs look for different things. But, grades are very important. Try getting at least a 34 on the ACT and maintain top 5% in your class. I think non- medical extracurricular helps. They are looking for consistency too… essays are very important so start early.

@GibbsFreeEnegry, no rejection from either but did get a message change on Penn’s portal… same one that Katyperry received before the interview invite. waiting…

Thanks @suecollege

@suecollege, When did the status change on Penn State portal ?

@3lovingmom If you dont mind me asking, how did your son get a gppa interview when he has not been accepted into honors college yet?

@rbmed18 , Monday or tuesday. On the portal. No email notification.

@RLeenm I think the two interview invitation processes are not connected. This is included in the invitation email: “Please note that you must have an Honors College interview to be considered for GPPA Medicine. If you have not scheduled or had your Honors College interview, please do so by contacting *****. Your application for admission into the GPPA Medicine program is considered incomplete without an Honors College interview.”

Thanks @suecollege . Ours still say " being reviewed by academic department …"

1 Like

I think everyone’s at a different stage of review. My D’s psu portal has been complete and under review since midDecember!!

I am applying to the UConn program and no updates for me. Apparently some have gotten a reply?

@suecollege - what is the changed message look/read like. Thanks

@2018bsmd, something to the effect of your application has been forwarded to Sidney Kimmel Medical College (SKMC) College of Medicine and they will contact you for an interview. Then in a separate paragraph, it says if you don’t get into the program, your application will be forwarded to erberly college of science.

Did anyone receive interview invites for UIC GPPA?

Thank you @suecollege

Thanks @ppst, no big deal from my side. Just sharing and giving back from what we learned from others and own experiences in our own journey. Hoping the info will be helpful and not be misleading in any way by mistake.

We appreciate everyone’s feedback!!! Especially those who have gone through the process… thank you!!

Still haven’t heard from many yet. Hoping for the best right now :slight_smile:

Anyone get call from NJMS?

DD received an email from Drexel today regarding application being sent to College of Medicine. It mentions that invites will be sent at the end of January for Feb/March interviews.

Received an update email from Drexel saying DS’s application has been forwarded to College of Medicine and to expect an email for payment before the end of the month. Interviews will be in late Feb/ early March.

Is everyone’s application sent to the Drexel College of Medicine???