***Official Thread for BSMD Applicants 2018***

I just got an email from Rowan University that said I was “selected to move forward” in their application process for their 3+4 year medical programs and I need to submit a supplement. Did anyone else apply to Rowan?

@2018bsmd Yes for the Rowan Cooper 4+4 program. The interview is at USciences so I would assume its not the medical school one. I hope there is only one interview because I don’t want to fly there twice from California.

@EmZoWe I applied to Rowan University but I only got a general admission acceptance two days ago so I have yet to receive the supplement.

Anyone have a comprehensive guide for bs/md interviews? It would be really useful for us right now!

@Rghanem I also got my acceptance 2 days ago, through the mail. Hopefully you’ll hear soon!

@bsmd1826 Thanks. Do you know how many people get interviews, and how many are accepted?

How did GWU notify you? @bsmd1826 @StarShip @medhopeful0

Never mind - she got the email - rejected GW BA/MD. 1550 SAT, perfect IB scores…

anyone knows how many total student VCU GMED will have after interviewing 64.

@appstatus in my DC cycle a couple of years ago they accepted 30 with expectation that about 20 will enroll.

Anyone have the stats for Drexel’s BS+MD program. Like how many get interviews? And how many they enroll?

@Metsfan7860,
@srk2017 already answered the question regarding BU statistics a few days and pages ago.

@Rghanem no comprehensive guide, but digging my notes up from years ago, would prepare for the following questions:
Tell me about yourself.
Why do you want to do medicine?
Be prepared to answer if they ask about a particular extracurricular experience (I would bring a copy of a resume with you to give in case they don’t have one).
Be prepared to answer questions about your essay, research, etc.
Where do you see yourself in X years?
What do you do for fun?
How will medicine change in the future?
What is one problem in health care and how would you address it?
What was a challenge you had to overcome?
Are your parents doctors?
Why accelerated?
Why this program/school?
Would also brush up on ethical issues in health care (e.g. euthanasia to name one)

@appstatus : “Anyone have the stats for Drexel’s BS+MD program. Like how many get interviews? And how many they enroll?”

based on a 2009 old thread post by @itmom
“120 interviewed, 65 accepted, 20 enrolled.”

if you have an interview opportunity then you have 1/2 chance to get in Drexel BS/MD program
(only one third of accepted students will matriculate)

Please note that Drexel BS/MD was changed to Early Assurance Programs (EAP) ,
students must maintain at least a 3.6 GPA in all coursework, including all BCPM classes (all biological sciences, chemistry, physics, and math), without repeating a course and with no grade less than a C. The MCAT is required prior to matriculation into the College of Medicine. Students must receive a minimum MCAT score of 511

Does anyone’s drexel email say
“You should receive an email from the College of Medicine by the end of January regarding the application processing fee. An additional email will be sent to inform you if you have been selected for an interview.”

As in did anyone not receive the link to pay yet, but just an email saying to expect it?

@bluemonkey66 we received the Drexel email and then another email to pay $100 few days later. You should receive an email for the payment instructions in about a week or so.

do you guys know if drexel/drexel will accept more people into their program because of how they terminated all of the other feeder schools?

anyone hear back from umkc yet?

Has anyone received interview invitations from Cincinnati 's BS/MD program. My DS has not heard anything from Cincinnati Dual Admissions (BS/MD) program?

My DD’s Drexel status changed to “Your application for the BA/BS + MD (Medicine) program has been forwarded to the Drexel University College of Medicine for review”,