***Official Thread for BSMD Applicants 2018***

@SV2018 Someone posted early about getting interview notification from Cincinnati Dual (BS/MD) Program. My DS also received an email few weeks ago indicating the decision is posted on his portal - status page. We are OOS, not selected for interview for this program. Did your DS check his email spam folder or portal?

my DD’s application to UMKc has not been processed yet.Any one else in this predicament. Also @SV 2018 DD heard from
UCinn a week ago. Interview scheduled for end of this month.

@pxyz12345 Just had my application processed earlier this year.

@medhopeful0 are you instate or OOS

@bluemonkey66

Here is an email my DC received from Drexel

Dear XXX,

Thank you for applying to Drexel University’s BA/BS+MD program! Your file has been forwarded to the Drexel University College of Medicine for review.

You should receive an email from the College of Medicine by the end of January regarding the application processing fee. An additional email will be sent to inform you if you have been selected for an interview.

If you are selected for an interview, it will be held in late February or early March on the College of Medicine’s campus. Final decisions for the BA/BS+MD program will be sent by the College of Medicine via U.S. Postal Service mail at the end of March.

If you are no longer interested in the BA/BS+MD program or have accepted a binding early decision offer from another university, please contact the Office of Admissions at 215.895.2400 or use the Application Inquiry Form on Discover Drexel. You can log in to Discover Drexel at http://discover.drexel.edu using your email address and account password.

Sincerely,

YYY
Vice President & Dean of Admissions

@pxyz12345 OOS

@pxyz1234 & @medhopeful0 Thank you both for your responses. We just checked his portal. He did not receive an interview from Cin. We are OOS. @pxyz1234 Congratulations and Good Luck to your DD.

@rk2017 Found it, thanks

Hi all, looking for advice. DS sent in his supplement for union and now working on Siena… the questions are basically the same. He can revise the 1st answer to focus more on humanity but the other 2 questions, I feel like he can reuse from the union supplement. Do you think that would hurt him? His new set of answers are just not as well written as the first… thank you in advance.

@suecollege in my opinion, i think the answers should be the same because it is still the same medical school; perhaps the repetition will also allow for the admissions people to remember the response - it kinda become memorable in a way if it is well written? i’m not completely sure, but this is just my take on the situation

Yes, my S did the undergrad interview for Northwestern (not the HPME portion) last weekend.

Yes, we’re in the same predicament for the UMKC undergrad application. It is still processing - which means it has not been forwarded to UMKC-Medicine for review. Unfortunately.

my umkc general app has not been processed either yet :frowning:

I have an interview with Caldwell premedical program next wk. Any tips on questions? If I do good, they will forward my application to medical school.

^^ Also interested in how Caldwell interview works

Hey everyone, has anyone else received an interview invite from Penn State in the last week?, I still have only the message from the very beginning from the portal where it says “once a decision has been made it will be posted here” or something like that

@Ronypony same here

Same @Ronypony !

Same @Ronypony.

Same here @Ronypony