***Official Thread for BSMD Applicants 2018***

does anyone have any tips for the siena-amc interview

Anyone else applying to the Washington & Jefferson College/Temple SKOM program? I haven’t seen any discussion of it on this thread or on CC much, besides the 2015 BSMD thread where one student chose it.

@Ronypony 
Same here
I have seen some messages on this board which say that PSU has notified some folks that their application has been forwarded to SKMC. On the portal we have the same message as you.

@Ronypony we have the same message at PSU portal.

@suecollege I think two of my DD’s essays for Siena and Union supplement are similar but not exactly same (community service vs leadership) and the third essay is exactly the same. I think unless the scholarly project is related to both healthcare admin and service, the second one can’t be reused, I think.

Thanks @TTV2018 , we completed them by answering the 1st prompt uniquely
 since it’s why Union/amc and why Siena/amc
 the 2nd prompt relates to a project that they would introduce. We spoke about the same project but changed it slightly to reflect applications of each program. For the 3rd prompt, we used the same answer.

Sounds good @suecollege.

How many people does VCU interview for GMED or GDental?

@Shumax VCU interviews 64 people for GMED.

I have accepted from Hofstra Undergraduate but still have not received a linkage of supplemental essay. Anyone who as the same situation with me or everybody already got supplemental linkage???

@NestlePurelife my DD is in the same situation. :frowning:

@NestlePurelife and @StarShip we got the supplemental link on 12/21 (via email) as well as the merit scholarship award. You should contact the admission office about the link. Best wish and good luck!

@StarShip @NestlePurelife i haven’t either. did you guys submit your apps by the early action 2 deadline?

@ScholarGuy we applied to Wash U St louis. No news yet from them.

@takeiteasynow, @bluemonkey66 she did apply by EA2 deadline and received the acceptance to honors college and merit scholarship last week. I am assuming the supplement link is right behind. I will check with the admission office regardless.

The link for Hofstra Supplements is online https://www.hofstra.edu/pdf/admission/adm_4plus4_app_supp.pdf

@Metsfan7860 and Thank you everybody

Thank you @Metsfan7860. This is helpful.

A bit of a more general question, but does anyone have any books they recommend for MMI? If not books, how would you recommend preparing? Thank you!

does anyone know when case western PPSP will start to release interview offers?

to be honest ive pretty much lost all hope with the whole bsmd thing (so far, 4 rejections pre-interview), but am still waiting on 5 more programs so we’ll see how those go! to all those granted interviews, congrats!!! at this point its a 50/50 chance for you all.

and to those (like me) with no offers yet, i wont give false hope but i will say not to become completely disillusioned with the process; at this point, we really can’t change anything. all we can do is wait and hope for the best!